Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 11:00:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions from former sims 2 player now sims 3. Do your sims behave this way  (Read 1978 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
michaelfarmer

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2010, 01:13:44 pm »

1st I do use mods and cc.  Use Naars story progression and supercomputer/have some but not alot of no autonomy mods (i.e. no autonomous singing) and some others of that ilk.  I am using epic life, high autonomy. Have WA and HELS up to date patches.  Thanks to anyone that answers.

Do your sims dance with anyone regardless of sex?  Not to offend anyone but I can't stand seeing my muscular male straight sim dance with his straight best friend.  All the while their spouse stands around picking her but.  WTF?

Male sims that ignore their women.  2 of my males sims (not gay) are in relationship with female and seem to dance with each other and interact more with each other and ignore their wife/fiance.  If their is no other sim on the lot except her then they will interact with her.  I know traits have to do with attraction but I have them very close in traits for compatilibity.  My other couples act this way too.  I'm praying for a Nightlife ep soooooooon!

When you go to a community lot do your sims just stand around and not interact with other sims on the lot for hours? I have to force them to interact.  Again they will completely ignore their significanto other and run clear across town to flirt with someone else. (Drives me nuts).  Sometimes they will picnic with others but unless someone walks up to them and interacts they will just stand there.

Last question.  Can anyone explain how sims interacted romantically in the sims 2 base game prior to the release of nightlife.  Could you also compare sims 2 base game to sims 3 base? I only played sims 1 for 2 weeks and could never really get it to work properly.  Started playing sims 2  dec 2008 and started with base game and nightlife and never used cc for nearly a year.  I then ended up with all of the eps so I am used to easily seeing attraction and being able to manipulate things so they would hae 3 bolts for spouse and one or none for others.  This would prevent them from going on a date with the wife and yet spending the evening yapping it up with someone they found more attraction to.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 02:12:09 pm »

Moved to the Help section.

I haven't played TS3 in a while. Too glitchy for my taste and the patches break more than they fix. In any case, I've never noticed my sims to be too particular about who they dance with. It doesn't bother me.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 03:33:32 pm »

I've got no mods or other downloads at all, and free will on high, and my sims both interact, take care of their needs and so on.

I do recognize this from sims 2, where this could be a sign of conflicting mods, so that could be the problem Wink

You might also have to turn on story progression. I personally, like to have that one off (honestly, I've never played with it on).

And I'm not so sure they'll do romantic stuff on their own, at least not in the active family. I've not seen any of mine do that. Then again, they're more busy doing other things, and the only adults on the lot I'm playing, are married.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: