Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:56:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where did the files go?  (Read 6698 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2010, 08:15:09 am »

I just got a new computer and installed all my games which went great. I am now running windows 7 and I can't seem to find my neighborhood, collection, saved sims, projects...etc. All these files that usually show up under ea games/thesims 2/mydocuments are not there. Only the downloads folder is listed under my documents. Is it setup differently for windows 7? I'd like to put in my neighborhoods I backed up.
Carlwashere
Irrationally Optimistic
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 08:31:43 am »

Yeah, it's a bit different. I'm guessing you switched from XP to 7, but I'm just assuming that.
Anyway, the set up is a little different. There's now a downloads folder under your username. Vista had this too, which is why I'm thinking you went from XP to 7.

This is not the downloads folder you're looking for.

C:\Users\*yourusername*\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2
So there's no path like this one? At all? It installs to the same place in windows 7.
By chance did you have 2 EA games folders at one point?

I need more freetime.
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 10:12:54 am »

They showed up after I booted the game twice. Thank Goodness. I am having a different problem now though. I am trying to update my modular stairs script file and when I go to add the stairs in that file for the sims2 and then try to save it, it says access denied. Why isn't it letting me save?
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 06:50:25 pm »

Are you the administrator on this user account? Any changes to files need to be done by an administrator. For playing TS2 and especially if you modify files, etc, you really need to be using an administrator and not a limited user account.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 10:17:23 am »

I assume I am the administrator, If I am not how do I change it to be. I do have to type in my password at the start up screen. I just got windows 7 and don't know where anything is yet. I should have bought a windows 7 manual...lol
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 10:42:28 am by Ldyvamp » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 11:10:55 am »

Go to the control panel (In Vista, it's in the start menu, on the right side). Go to "user accounts and family safety", then "user accounts". Then check if the account you're currently using is listed as "administrator".

If you see a picture of some sort on the right side in the start menu, just click this, and it'll take you straight to "user accounts".

Can't remember if it's the same in Win7, but the setup is quite similar.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 06:37:29 pm »

On mine, I just go to Control Panel, then User Accounts And Family Safety and the icons for the accounts are listed right there, with the word "Administrator" underneath.

Since you only have the Downloads folder listed, I would hazzard a guess that you found the EA folder tree and put it there yourself. You need to find the one that is correct for your user account and move the Downloads folder out of the public\shared folder and into the one for your user account. Try accessing it via c:\Users\yourusername\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 06:54:01 am »

Thanks for the help. I figured it out before I read all your posts. For anyone else having this problem,
Here is what I did. Open your modular stairs script file, then right click on properties. Under security, to change permissions click edit. Click Add. In object types click user, then in the little window type your user name for your computer, in my case it's ldyvamp. then click ok. Back in the security section you should now see your user name. Highlight it and in the permissions for system you should be able to click on full control. This will check all the boxes to allow. Now you can change the script file and save/overwrite. It was quite easy to figure it out. I just had to know where to look. Hope I helped too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: