Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:41:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice & Help Request  (Read 19580 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 03:58:18 pm »

I hope you get things working, errors like that are ruining your gameplay, killing the fun...

No longer active
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 08:08:55 pm »

You won't believe this! I went out and upgraded the memory to two gigs, yet my system only says I have 1 gig (don't know why, both 1 gigs are in their appropriate slots) and bought a Nvidia Geforce 8400 Gs with 512Mb of Ram which is the best card that I could get for my computer. I installed it and made sure the driver was up to date. I turned off the antivirus, deleted the cache files for the sims 2 and tried to boot up my game and now the game won't load at all. After I click on play, before the loading screen even comes up, it makes a sound, like when the game crashes and won't load. I even took the hard drive up to the store with me to make sure I got the right product for my computer. What gives? Do you think I have to uninstall and reinstall all my games? I am pulling my hair out now. I thought this was supposed to fix the problem, not give me more greif! Any suggestions?
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 08:52:44 pm »

Well, the more CC you have, it seems the more RAM you use, too.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 01:41:03 am »

when you upgrade the memory make sure you have 2 identical 1 gig memory's, same brand etc.
Make a new useraccount and start the game on that account, see how it goes.
If it fails to load or your having errors, it is your comp.
If it runs ok then you need to delete a few files in the sims 2 folder on your original account.

No longer active
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2010, 07:24:44 am »

Yes, the two 1 gigs. are the same. Game is still not loading If it is a computer problem why would it load with my other video card I just replaced and not this new one? Here's something weird. I checked to see if the game would load without the downloads folder in it. It does not. But, bodyshop loaded and works with no problems at all with my downloads in. Why would body shop load and not the game? 

Here are my new specs:

I am running windows xp and have all expansion packs

Dell Dimension 2400
Bios: Phoenix Rom Bios Plus Version 1.10 AO5
Processor: Intel Celeron Cpu 2.40GHZ
Memory: 1022Mb Ram
Direct X version 9.0c
Graphic Card: Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS
Chip type: Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS
Dac Type: Intergrated RamDac
Total memory: 512.0
Main Driver: nv4_disp.dll version 6.14.0011.9107 english
DDI version: 9 or higher
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 08:43:11 am by Ldyvamp » Logged
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2010, 08:55:47 am »

Install the latest directx version, might fix things. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0cef8180-e94a-4f56-b157-5ab8109cb4f5
To find out wich chipset your mainboard uses you best look on the original cd that came with the pc.

No longer active
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2010, 12:49:04 pm »

Ok. I am downloading from the link you posted right now. Question, do I have to uninstall my other version of direct x before I install this one or will it overwrite or just update my current one? I am wondering also if I am missing a program or have a program installed that is causing the game not to run. Should I post a list of the programs I have installed?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 01:05:49 pm by Ldyvamp » Logged
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2010, 07:57:20 pm »

nah, you should try to start the game on a new account
We then know if its your game files or your computer itself.

No need to uninstall directx files when installing a new version

No longer active
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2010, 07:20:53 am »

I don't know what you mean about starting under a new account? When you install the games and put in that serial number it comes with for registration, Two different accounts or people can't use the same number. After more digging I found out the driver is indeed out of date even though the installation disk told me it was up to date. Can you tell me if this is the right driver I need for the new card?  (I have a GS version not a GT)

Also found out that a driver for one of my system devices is out of date. It's this: Intel (R) 82801DB PCI Bridge - 244E Where would I find an update for that as well?

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_197.45_whql.html

Dell Dimension 2400
Bios: Phoenix Rom Bios Plus Version 1.10 AO5
Processor: Intel Celeron Cpu 2.40GHZ
Memory: 1022Mb Ram
Direct X version 9.0c
Graphic Card: Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS
Chip type: Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS
Dac Type: Intergrated RamDac
Total memory: 512.0
Main Driver: nv4_disp.dll version 6.14.0011.9107 english
DDI version: 9 or higher
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2010, 09:03:27 am »

You can make a new Windows useraccount at your configurationscreen(useraccounts)
Like you can make one for your mom, one for your kid etc.
If you make a new and go to that account and simply start the game from that new account it will generate a whole new sims 2 directory with all necesarry files on that account.

You can do the same on the account your having now, but its tricky when you have lots of stuff installed(like neighborhoods,custom sims and other CC)
You then have to backup all important files and completly delete the whole sims 2 directory, when booting the game it will generate all the files from scratch(without possible errors)
But dont try this if you dont know wat to backup and wat not.

So i advise people to make a new account, go to it and boot up the game.
If you have no problems playing the game, the problem is related to your sims 2 directory files from your first account.
If the game does give errors or problems then we know for sure its your computer causing them.
you really should do this first to narrow down the problem

Driver,
it includes the 8series that you need with the 8400GS you have now.
that driver is the safest one to install, its tested and certified. Smiley

« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 09:12:04 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2010, 02:30:32 pm »

Bloom you have been a godsend. I installed the new version of direct x you gave me and and updated the driver at the link I posted that you confirmed. With those updates I was finally able to get the game to run. It booted and I was able to play a little while and that darn blasted blue screen with the rotating hourglass came up again, even with this new video card so the problem as to be something else. I am pretty sure it my be this...

I found out that a driver for one of my system devices is out of date. It's this: Intel (R) 82801DB PCI Bridge - 244E Where can I find an update for this driver? I contacted Dell support and they won't even answer this question for me because my computer is no longer under warranty. If you could help me with this last thing, I would be so very grateful. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate all your help!
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2010, 02:59:06 pm »

Still could be a memory issue.
Next time when the screens appears hit ctrl alt delete and look at the memory usage at the 3rd tab on the task manager.(it think its called performance)
But its also possible this is caused by a hack, a timer hack or maybe a outdated one.
I would try to play the game without any hacks, even the insimenator.

Go here to update the intel drivers:
http://www.intel.com/support/detect.htm?iid=dc_spotlight_home1
And run the update utility

And there is another thing you need to check.
Right click the my compter icon on your desktop and choose properties.
Wat does your system say on the memory installed?

If it still says 1024mb then your comp doesn't recognize the 2nd memory bank installed....Sad

This could be a setting that needs to be changed in the BIOS settings but in the worsed case you need to update your main(mother)board
Its something you best ask a person that has done this before, dont do this yourself!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 03:04:58 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2010, 03:43:54 pm »

How do I check the settings in BIOS to see if they need to be changed? It is still only registering 1 gig. I'd like to check this before I get a motherboard upgrade. I went and had the Intel update utility scan my computer and and it gives me this: Graphics driver is up to date. But the audio driver, Wireless networking and Wired networking drivers are not. All it says is: This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates. It does not give me a link or update the drivers I need. So I still need this updated: Intel (R) 82801DB PCI Bridge - 244E
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 03:49:55 pm by Ldyvamp » Logged
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2010, 04:20:00 pm »

I am almost sure its a update for your harddisk drivers, dont worry to much about it.
Had a look here but not sure wich one you need.
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng
search for 82801DB PCI Bridge
Wat you could do is download the software updates and put them all in one folder(subfoldered if desired)
Then go to your device management*, look up the Intel (R) 82801DB PCI Bridge - 244E(prolly located in your system devices)
Double click it/choose driver tab and hit the update driver button.
Your comp will search and will automaticly read the folders were you installed the downloaded updates.
When it finds a update it will automaticly install it.

If you want to enter the BIOS keep hitting F2 when you just start up your computer.
There should also be a page were you can see the ammount of memory installed.(prolly the first one you see)
At the 2nd tab you can often make changes to the memory settings.
At the last tab you can exit the BIOS with or without saving any changes.

*Device management: right click my computer on your desktop/choose properties/choose hardware tab/choose device management

Note, i had to translate it as my version is dutch, dont pinpoint me on the translation Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 04:33:11 pm by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2010, 05:13:26 pm »

As long as there is a rotating (blue) hourglass, the blue screen is normal for the game. On my old laptop (512mb memory) and either hit the start button to get to the desktop, hit it unintentionally, saved my game while quitting, or changed graphic settings, the blue screen could go on for minutes to hours (I once had to wait over 1 1/2 hour for the game to quit and save - after that, I saved before quitting).

The blue screen pops up now and then on my new computer too (4GB and a much better graphics card), but it goes away considerably faster (rarely lasts more than a few minutes, if that), despite having the double amount of CC and some extra EPs and SPs.

So it's very likely it's memory trouble.

The real troubly blue screen is this one...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: