Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 03:58:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Owning" Sinks  (Read 3071 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2010, 09:59:43 pm »

Whenever I play on one of my sims' lots, even the pre-made lots, and I run my pointer over a sink, I always get a message saying, "My ownership is 1.", "My ownership is 2.", "My ownership is 3.", etc. I'd click on the 'X' button in the bubbles, and the they'd be gone. The messages don't affect gameplay, but I'm really getting sick of these and would like to get rid of them once and for all. I've got a screenshot of what it looks like right here (Don't mind the fugly sim. I'm just using her lot as an example rolleyes).

Will someone tell me how to get rid of these? Any help is appreciated. Smiley

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 10:01:40 pm »

Most likely it's a mod conflict.
Have you checked if it happens if take out all your downloads, and play on a clean, new lot?

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 05:34:32 pm »

The sink "ownership" was a pretty popular topic around the time that Apartment Life was released. From memory, the mod most often causing this was community lot normal arrival speed. There was some sort of file people were missing or had put in the wrong place.

Try sorting through your mods to find the culprit. You could also try searching through this section (general help and maybe apartment life help, too) for the word "sink". There should be several topics addessing this issue.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 08:00:00 pm »

I remember someone else on here having this problem.. I know exactly what the issue is. Do you have any of dickurts mods in your game? If you do, I would suggest taking them ALL out. I can't remember what the exact mod was by him, but it was one by him I am 99% sure. He's on MTS2. Go through clean installer and find any mods by him and take them out. It will take care of the problem I can assure you, no I promise you. I am so certain of this because I had the same problem myself and found a thread that pinpointed it to dickhurts mod. Good luck.

P.S. That has got to be the ugliest sim I have ever seen.. shocked
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 08:06:31 pm by SimGirl20 » Logged
soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 08:27:04 pm »

Hah, found it! Engram, after you told me to look up "sink" in the Help section, I found ancienthighway's response on one of these threads. And I went into the Tracy Draco folder (Yeah, I did the long way of the 50/50 method. And I named all the folders after Bond girls rolleyes), and found that test_game_edition_flags.package and test_engines.package files! So thank you to all those who helped contribute to the problem.

P.S. That has got to be the ugliest sim I have ever seen.. shocked

Lol, I was using her to make my own Fugly clan for the Fugly Game (Even though her name is "Ridiculously Good-Looking" Laugh2). It's just that her lot happened to be open when I decided I'd had enough of the owning.

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 08:47:13 pm »

Hmm..strange. When I had this problem I found when I took out dickhurts mods it took care of the issue. I guess I just got lucky eh? I am glad you figured it out though, because it was REALLY annoying! angry I don't know which was more annoying the sink problem or sims going around randomly family kissing everyone! Ahh! lol..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: