Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:24:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tree-to-Tree Error? *SOLVED!!* (Yippee!!)  (Read 8282 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2010, 06:45:33 pm »

I am so confused. I've removed all the mods from my game, custom objects, and have minimal CC left. Here's the problem... Whenever my children come home from school, they glance at their report cards and snap reset, landing on the lawn with no homework. The game then tells me, "Anne isn't doing so well at school, keep the grades up to avoid a visit from a social worker!" because she is not bringing home homework. I've tried deleting my .cache files, all my default replacements...I'm at a dead end. However, I decided to turn on Boolprop and got this error message: "Error in tree-to-tree, no object found"  huh I've got absolutely no idea what that means. I just finished scraping the last of the mods out of my game, and I'm hoping if I fire it up again it'll work. If anyone replies, that would be a great help.
Thanks,
:Hammie:

Star Wars
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 07:47:56 pm by Ienjoyhamsandwiches » Logged

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 07:36:21 pm »

You say you have minimal cc left. Have you tried running your game with absolutely no cc?

Also, it might help some of us to be able to see the error log generated. Go into My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Logs. You should find a file with a name similar to "ObjectError_N001_t23001.txt" or even one that starts with "Sims2Exception" followed by the date and time.

If you find it/them, you can upload them to your post as an attachment (since copy/pasting their entire contents would take up too much space) and we can take a look at them.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 05:00:25 pm »

I've deleted all my CC and SavedSims, and yet, the error still occurs. But then, I realised I was using a CUSTOM neighbourhood. It's the Megahood by HystericalParoxysm at MTS2. (Updated for Apartment Life)  Could a royally borked neighbourhood be a problem? I've had the Megahood for about two months now, and it's survived two reinstalls. I think it's broken now. I've deleted it from my Neighbourhoods folder.
PS- My game would never generate an error log.  rolleyes *sigh* I hope it was just the neighbourhood, I'm about to tear my hair out. (I'm not trying to bump  cool)
Thanks for the help though, Joy!

zombie
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 05:09:30 pm »

Yes, it could be a borked neighborhood. If you play with testingcheats enabled it might help you to get the game to generate an error log. You could also try playing in a non custom neighborhood and see if that works. If it does, you'll know what the problem is. Good luck!

Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 07:46:45 pm »

VIOLA!! Problem solved! *Gives Joy massive bear-hug*  Hug2 But now, I've got a straggler option on the pie menus. It says, "DEBUG- Give Super-duper hug" and it's driving me nuts. Any way to make it go away? tongue
EDIT: Would deleting any of my .cache files help??
 Please and thank you.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 08:08:57 pm by Ienjoyhamsandwiches » Logged

zombie
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 08:09:05 pm »

A Goggle search for Super Duper Hug.  It boils down to Dolphin's Control This Sim hack that used to be on MTS.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 08:10:05 pm »

Hmm, I've never used that hack before...? How could it be causing the problem? I'm kind of confused. I'm not trying to be snotty or anything, by the way.  huh

zombie
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 08:10:51 pm »

Darn it. I double clicked post. I'm sorry. *headdesk*
Alright, I've got JM Pascado's FFS Debugger, as I've been googling for quite a long time now, and am going to attempt to use it. *gulp* (Again, I apologise for the double post, my computer went crazy)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 08:19:48 pm by Ienjoyhamsandwiches » Logged

zombie
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 08:26:15 pm »

This thread on Simbology has some causes and a possible solution to this problem. 

Dolphin's Control This Sim hack is still on MTS2. People have found installing that hack into their game and running it removed that bug. They later removed the hack and it was still gone. Maybe you could give that a try.

Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 08:38:35 pm »

D'oh! So that's what he meant...(talk about having a slow moment) Thanks guys, I'll give it a whirl. JM Pascado's FFS Debugger didn't do anything for me, and I don't want anything to explode, so I'm gonna try Dolphin's hack. *takes handful of asprin and wipes fallen hair clumps off desk* My Sims game hasn't been friendly to me lately. I'm gonna fire up the game one last time and see if it does the trick. Thanks again.  cool
This thread on Simbology has some causes and a possible solution to this problem. 

Dolphin's Control This Sim hack is still on MTS2. People have found installing that hack into their game and running it removed that bug. They later removed the hack and it was still gone. Maybe you could give that a try.
EDIT: No more super-duper hug! YAY!! Thank you all so much for being so helpful. 
-The Thankful Hammie
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 07:47:17 pm by Ienjoyhamsandwiches » Logged

zombie
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 09:08:15 pm »

Control This Sim is one of those mods that attach itself to lots.  You most likely got it through a downloaded lot.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2010, 07:48:57 pm »

I downloaded Dolphin's mod over at MTS2, but thanks for warning me, ancienthighwayGrin

zombie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: