Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:11:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: What was your latest inspriration!?  (Read 14847 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« on: June 09, 2010, 03:14:35 pm »

I just finally finished testing and sorting my 12 gigs of custom content and mod's (took 2monthes) and am almost satisfied that I have what I need to build my ultimate new town, Priva Pearle.  I have started this town twice and just could NOT get it to run smoothly or look as oriental as I wanted.  Hence my two month downloading + testing time.  I used the Bella neighborhood template so I'd have some nice shoreline houses for my princesses and some hills for my emperors.  Bought a new pc this month so my game can finally enjoy the expansion packs without going into lagcoma. (its a word) lol.  The whole Asian theme started when I seen some asian styled custom sims here 2yrs ago, and with my fascination with the older generation of morning musume, I went on a downloading frenzy to find peices to complete the wonderment that filled my imagination.  Long live the sims2 ability to keep me dreaming! 

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 07:40:00 pm »

Is this thread just to post what we're up to in our 'hoods, and why we're up to it? Cheesy

I looove your idea by the way, can we see pictures sometime?

Find me on moonlight <3
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 12:31:30 pm »

I would love to share some pictures, and yes this thread is to see what people are making and the why behind it.  Its a slow work in progress, I'm very meticulous about how my houses and community lots look. Altho I find making the oriental princesses are my favorite time wasters.  I have more pics at my site its just a talk site tho.  

So please share what your newest inspiration for spending a day or week or month is. lol

credits go to rosesims for the clothes,brows, and hair/july77 eyes/bruno lashes,ephemera shadow,peggy lips and janita blush and eye glitter/ bloom for skintone, which was accidental and hilarious when they bathe.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 03:17:38 pm by HappyThoughts » Logged

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 02:21:33 pm »

That's why you package them up and then open them with the Clean Installer, it will tell you what came from where. Cheesy

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 02:52:43 pm »

fine fine fine.  I will lol, but only because I knew I'd have to anyway, but as I do this could you make me some cupcakes for being a good girl!?  No preference to type, anything but confetti, I do love the cherry chip though. 
  Also I found a great site that features black and white sketches of homes built in the 1800's complete with the original floor plans, pretty cool if your going for authenticity.  Craftsman-style, i believe was its name.  Only had one oriental themed home unfortunately but some really beautiful victorian styled homes, a few gothic, cottage type, and so on.

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 08:48:55 pm »

Hon, I would make the cupcakes, but being as I am taking a break from packing up my household in preparation to moving in three weeks, I can't really spare the time.

HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 09:01:33 pm »

excuses excuses must be a man thing, fine I'll make the cupcakes but i'm not sharing.
 I've finished one of my asian homes, well the outside shell and foliage/landscaping.  I always get stuck trying to divide the inside rooms and woops I forgot to leave myself enough room for their spa bath AGAIN.  *long sigh* I was hoping to atleast finish this house by today.  I'll post a pic soon.

Come on ! Be proud of your conjurings! Share! who knows it may help re-inspire others, it doesn't have to be with pictures or cupcakes. 

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 09:21:09 pm »

Excuse me, but I'm not a man. I happen to have lady bits and have birthed two children that are twelve years apart in age. My conjurings can be found on Sailfin Sims, in case you wish to check them out.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 09:22:13 pm »

must be a man thing

Only if Paden is suddenly a man. Last I heard, she wasn't. Wink

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 10:38:28 pm »

LMAO thats too funny, count on me for the faux paux's of the day.  In my defense I'm not accustomed to women calling me Hon.  And shame on me for assuming. I guess I'll just go back to finishing that house and chew on my foot. LoL.  Checked out the saidlfins site quickly, forgot I had downloads going, so I'll have to register later.  sorry.  I have one, it's still in development but the ventrillo's up and running smoothly for our registerred members, just check my sig for the name if your curious or bored lol.  One of these days your gonna be tired of picking up after me caffeinated.joy..Cheers!!!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 10:49:58 pm by HappyThoughts » Logged

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 12:37:18 pm »

Well, I started calling folk "hon" when I had my first kid so it's become second nature. Cheesy

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 01:00:35 pm »

Looking good~

Well my latest things are story-writing and medical picture taking things, inspired by theraven's creations! Cheesy

Find me on moonlight <3
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 02:05:02 pm »

My latest inspiration is the medical things (Wink) and also the new girl infant outfits. I might update quite a few of my older ones, and of course make new ones, with new meshes. I've tested the girl outfits ingame (along with Tenahii's updated meshes), and it's nothing short of wonderful  YAY

As of now, I'm trying to finish up a couple of LFB chapters. After that, I want to figure out poseboxes, since I'm gonna need some custom poses very soon. I don't feel like requesting it, since it might spoil a lot of the story. Hopefully the how-to won't be as complicated as I fear...

Other than that, I've figured out that playing sims 3 is quite fun (and thereby time consuming...). No creations yet, if there ever will be (I first have to get the hang of downloading, since I'm still playing CC free. The only things I'm really missing, are some toddler hairs and a few mods. I'm more hung up in the playing than the actual look of the game)

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 02:24:16 pm »

After I've completed my collection of sims 2, I might consider getting sims 3 just for the playing aspect. Sims 2 is focused more on speeding and slowing time, stories, and pictures.

Find me on moonlight <3
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 08:49:54 pm »

well I finished my first house, put it on the largest lot to make sure I wouldnt forget anything.  Theres still a few unfinished rooms due to making my sims earn atleast some of the finer things in life.  I'm technically happy enough with it, not my best work.  My best was the street market, that I will have to make all over again. (just installed sims3 and the first expansion last night, i'll put ambitions on tonight, please be worth it)

ok here's the new dwelling with the 3 residents, was supposed to be four but I needed space for that bathroom/spa.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 09:07:13 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: