Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 11:14:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: What was your latest inspriration!?  (Read 15038 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 09:10:48 pm »

When you post images, can you please post each image on it's own line (the way I did in my little edit of you last post there)? When you bunch them together, like you had them, it breaks the tables for people with lower resolution monitors and they end up not just scroll up and down to read the thread, but side-to-side as well.

Smiley

Now, having said that, the dining set in your second picture is lovely! The koto in the last picture is a nice touch, too!

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 09:37:11 pm »

I will do that next time, lol you know one of these days I'm gonna start believing you like messing with me  Wink yea my kitchen turned out nice my favorite room so far, unfortunately half of my fridges and stoves aren't functioning properly with the later expansions.  Which burns my biscuits considerring I'm usually very watchful for expansion compatibility.  oh well back to making them earn their keep.  That motherlode x'3 isn't going to repay itself.   

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 10:00:55 pm »

I will do that next time, lol you know one of these days I'm gonna start believing you like messing with me  Wink

Oh, it's not just you.  tongue

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 02:16:12 am »

well my next challenging 'make' is my morning musume house and family.  Talk about time killing.  I plan on making only my favorite members of the group, 1. mari yaguchi 2. Iida Kaori 3. Aiki Jo 4. Tsuji Nozomi and maybe two or 3 others.  I really don't like large households unless their born into them.  So I'll have to make a home that compliments their greatness lol.  I look forward to sharing pics as soon as I finish a few.  Make take me awhile tho, my celeb sims seem to take forever ( I get a little nuerotic over details)
  Also I finished installing my sims3 with expansions, no cc or mods for it yet, too lazy to learn how.  But wow I wasn't ready for the difference in game play, much more time consuming and committing.  Or atleast thats my initial impression of the 30 minutes I put into it.  Changing the whole house to pink was how I spent the first 20 minutes lol.

What it's not just me?!! Now I'm jealous! lol Wink
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 04:16:27 am by HappyThoughts » Logged

cgirl369

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 05:37:38 pm »

My latest inspiration is a neighborhood with victorian style buildings, along with a shopping district full of maxis buildings I plan on prettying-up.  After that I'll add some families, of course, but I'm still working on the details of them, I'll get to that when the lots are done.  I started this last December I think, and I've finished the victorian community lots and some residential maxis lots, but I still have a lot left to do, and after that I want to go back and try to make everything perfect.  It's going to take forever to finish just the buildings alone, but it's fun!

Your asian neighborhood sounds great, HappyThoughts, and your houses and sims look beautiful!

HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 01:11:48 am »

thanks cgirl, I think you have the right idea of making the homes FIRST.  I'm so behind in community lots I only have 2, not counting the premades from nightlife and bluewater.  Never really understood the purpose of bluewater let alone loading another town just to start a business but I can't stand seeing that plus sign next to my expansion symbols. lol neurosis #184.  haha neurosis #753 looking up spelling of neurosis.  lol 
  Back to my point, kudos for dedicating and sustaining from playing before the details are finished.  Feel free to show some pictures, I'm not the fanciest homemaker myself.  Never learned all the tricks to do cool roofs and such, the most I can do is make a basement and a pool with an island lol.

Sita

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 07:46:09 am »

Currently playing rather than building, I've got the MegaHood bug.

I've been writing about the Belladonna Cove Sims; they lead surprisingly exciting lives. This week there was some very nasty domestic violence, though that's thankfully not typical.

http://www.simechoes.org/simechoes2/sims2/stories/megahood/green/samantha.html

and http://simechoes.org for Sims 1 and 2
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 02:47:16 pm »

Holy Smokes Sita, I just read that whole thing.  First sims story I've read in a long time actually, I hate it when pretty sims die.  Maybe she'll haunt him in prison?  lol leading to a nice padded room.  Seen some nice asylum and prison stuff on a few sites.  Even have some of my own just waiting to be unrar'd.  I haven't really started any stories with my town yet, their only a week into their new homes at the most.  Haven't even seen my first snow.  Great pictures too!  TY so much for sharing that!

Sita

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2010, 06:46:53 pm »

Smiles. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I enjoyed writing it - it was one of those things that just happened in the game and it felt so right, so I wrote it that way. Yeah, I have a great prison cell waiting for Gabriel - but you know court cases take some time so it will be a while before I carry on with his story. <grin>

and http://simechoes.org for Sims 1 and 2
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2010, 07:17:39 pm »

Lovely Sita, no bad crime should go unpunished! lol He needs a proper loving from 'BigBrother' in cell block 8, maybe after that he'll be granted an early release after he's 65..  Idk, killing him is too easy. Cool  I'm curious to see where it goes. Either way, thanks again for sharing.

miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2010, 10:43:09 pm »

Chris Hatch's girl specific baby clothes.
Gothplague's teen meshes.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2010, 07:39:28 am »

I'm obsessed with glitter.. mainly stemming from an Adam Lambert obsession, but my sims are normally in either something black or glittery. And the men likes their dresses too.

That and vampires. Most of my hoods at the moment are full of vampires.

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2010, 09:37:45 am »

I love the Asian theme, HappyThoughts. Great idea! And a Victorian theme sounds pretty cool, too, cgirl.

Currently underway, I have began creating two different 'hood themes. One was an Area 51 theme. I created my own Area 51 (Area 91) with secret passages, interrogation rooms, holding cells, cells to hold the aliens, laboratories, a small employees living quarters, and a faux real estate office above for new residents in the middle of the desert. I just transformed Strangetown and gave it a more complex background story. In fact, the head of Area 91 has just fallen in love with one of the female alien species (accidental, but great for story).

I may have to find some of your medical items for this 'hood, Theraven, if you are creating them.

Also, I have just created a 'hood that is mafia themed. I'm starting with two opposing mafia heads (who own almost every business in the downtown area). I threw in the head of a vigilante group to shake things up between them. It's kind of like Crimeville in Sim City. The police are corrupt and the streets are overrun with street gangs. I'll tell you, though ~ it really pays off to have mods and hacks to help this theme style really take off!

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2010, 10:20:38 am »

I made new hospital stuff just an hour or so ago, so I'm still creating Wink

The last few days: Ultrasound (planning to make probe accessory/object too), X-ray lightboard, CT, C-arm X-ray/fluoroscope, hospital signs, infant bed w/lamp, incubator, ambulance bag, Medical training doll (for CPR training), X-ray, and a couple more things.

Finally learned how to add subsets to a mesh, and how to make the subset recolorable. Really great to know, and I've used it a few times already.

Tried to make my first lamp, but it ended up a bit... weird. I don't even know what I did wrong with it...  Undecided

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2010, 10:22:28 am »

Theraven: can you let me know where you post these items for download, if you do? My labs and hospitals can always handle more medical items!

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: