Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 07:12:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Neighborhood Loading Screen freezing (FIXED!)  (Read 10588 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Artha

If in doubt, poke it. *poke*

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2010, 04:52:38 pm »

Well, I have the Sims 3, (Just the base game, can't afford stuff packs or expansions right now) and the Neighborhood screen keeps freezing. I don't have riverview installed cause I lost the little slip of paper with the code...

The game itself loads just fine.  It working last night, just fine.  Played it for several hours then went to sleep.
I tried to open it again.  The game itself loads.  It seems to hesitate, then it does the little introductory video which I click past, then goes to the screen where I enter the neighborhood; all's smooth and fine till then. Then I click the neighborhood to start playing, and it starts loading and freezes.  I left it alone for about 30 minutes and came back and it still hadn't moved or froze.
I haven't installed any  new hacks; just some accessories.

Tried to google search the problem but didn't come up with anything...

I'm running Windows 7, 4 gigs of RAM, Dual Core Processor, good graphic's card.. basically a very high end machine.
It hasn't given me any problems until now.. I want to play, but the game won't load....
Please help? T^T
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 09:41:36 pm by TheAbhorsen » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 06:13:44 pm »

Have you tried to delete the cache files? It helped me when I had some issues...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Artha

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 09:35:35 pm »

Have you tried to delete the cache files? It helped me when I had some issues...

OMFG you're a f*cking lifesaver!!!!!
THANK YOU!  IT WORKED!
*Hugs then goes to play*
Artha

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 10:03:34 pm »

OMFG you're a f*cking lifesaver!!!!!
THANK YOU!  IT WORKED!
*Hugs then goes to play*

.... Or not.. it's back to not loading again.. *sighs*
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 10:30:00 pm »

There are some other tips on that site, too. Look at the top or at the bottom, where it says "Sims 3 Game Help Categories".

Oh, and just so you're aware - there are "reply" buttons at the top and bottom of the threads (grey boxes), and also a "modify" button to edit recent posts. It's just a bit confusing when people keep using the quote button to answer the previous post. If there is no reason to quote, then it's much better to use the reply button, or at least delete the quote before writing the post Wink

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Artha

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 10:53:51 pm »

I took out some of the new custom content.. sadly it was a cute set of cat ears I downloaded that was messing it up.
It loads now.. just takes forever XD
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 11:07:19 pm »

TheAbhorsen, can you please use the modify button to edit your post instead of replying to yourself (unless, of course, more than 24 hours has passed)? Thanks.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: