Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:06:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dazed and Confused about Body Shapes  (Read 7075 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
meesha

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2010, 12:19:50 pm »

I am completely lost on how to use the various body shapes in my game.  I have the fat family meshes from melodie9 already and those look pretty good in my game - at least with the clothing that I was able to find and download.  I would love to use the body builder meshes as well, but there are a lot more options presented and with the base meshes and skin tones forum it was stated that I would need to download all of those files.  Why do I need all of those files for a single sim?  I didn't have to download all that stuff for the fat family meshes so I think I'm misunderstanding something there.  Everything is spread out across different threads from retired creators so it seems very confusing to me.  To keep it simple, if someone could tell me what base files - not counting the clothing - that I would need for a male and female sim to be played from child to adult using the body builder body shape, I would be very grateful.  I do plan on using the body shapes on more than one sim eventually, but I want to test them out on individual sims first.

I am aware that clothing files are separate, but I am looking for something specific with clothes as well for the fat family as well as the body builder shape.  I play a highly customized game based on Harry Potter.  I love the idea of being able to create some of the "larger" characters like Vernon and Dudley Dursley, Hagrid, etc...  The clothing I use for my students is recolors of the robes created by mia86, which go from child to adult for males and females.  I also use recolors of the trenchcoat for Quidditch robes - teen through young adult - a link to the converted trenchcoat for female teen and young adult was included there. 

I've seen a lot of the regular maxis outfits converted for both the fat family and the body builder body shapes, but I have not found any conversions of those custom clothes for the fat family or the body builder body shapes - except for the trenchcoat for the male adult and teen body builder.  Nor have I found any instructions on how to do such conversions myself.  How are these conversions done?  And if that involves meshing, is there a tutorial explaining how to convert a regular mesh to one of these body shapes?

Thank you

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 03:20:27 am »

As you figured out yourself clothing has nothing to do with the sim itself, clothing outfits(colors) and mesh(the shape) can be worn by every sim.

When you create a sim you decide wich shape you want it to be(bodybuilder, fashionmodel, Fat melody etc etc)
Choosing that shape is done by picking the sims skintone.(skincolor)
That skintone is linked to all gender and age shapes:
a baby shape, unisex
a child shape(wich is divided in a top and bottom shape) Unisex
a teen shape(wich is divided in a top and bottom shape) Male and female

a young adult and adult shape wich are similar(wich is divided in a top and bottom shape) Male and female

a elder shape(wich is divided in a top and bottom shape) Male and female

These shape will appear ingame the moment the sim is taking a shower.
All these shapes are called Meshes and you can download them as showerproof meshes most of the times.

So When you want to create a bodybuilder you will need the following files:
*A bodybuilder skintone
* a baby bodybuilder showerproof mesh(there isn't any so the default baby is linked to it)
* The child bodybuilder showerproof meshes(same story, not available)
* The teen bodybuilder shape(top and bottom mesh)
* The adult bodybuilder shape(top and bottom mesh)
* The elder bodybuilder shape(top and bottom mesh)

Most of the times the skintone will have one custom shape linked to it(the male bodybuilder for instance)
All other genders and ages will then use the default basegame shapes.

However, the are also custom skinntones arround that are linked to a teen male/a adult male and a elder male bodybuilder.
and there are skins arround that are not only linked to the males but also linked to the female bodybuilder.
So its all in the skin.
Look for a skintone you like and find out to wich shapes it is linked, that skintone and those shapes(showerproof meshes) you need to create a sim.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 04:15:37 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 03:42:37 am »

If you're looking for BodyBuilder skintones, start here. BodyBuilder V.2

And, make sure you get the showerproof meshes. If you don't, you'll have a floating head in the shower or bath.

Then, go here. Synaptic Sims. (Free Registration is required.) Get the BodyBuilder V.2.0 meshes. These are the latest meshes. They now have toes. If you look around, you'll find clothes made just for it. Pajama's, swimsuit....

Also, if you go here, Lost Utopia, and, here, Murder Stage, you'll find even more stuff for the BodyBuilder V.2.0

For regular clothes, you'll find all that stuff here.

Hope I helped.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
meesha

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 03:28:28 pm »

YAY   Rock

BlooM - thank you so much.  That was exactly what I needed.  Looking through all those different forums and threads was starting to make me twitchy.  Showerproof skins and top and bottom shape meshes from teen through elder -  I know where to get all of that for the males, but what about the females?  I found the single female projects thread - very lonely looking among tons of male threads  - but it looks like there are only athletic and BB meshes for the adult female even though the skins say they are for teen through elder.  Are there meshes available for teen and elder females for the athletic and/or BB female?  It seems rather odd to have a female sim suddenly go from borderline anorexic skinny to big, buff muscles and then back to skinny with everything sagging.  Did I miss a thread or download link?

EKozski - thank you for the clothing links.  I'm finding a lot of skin tight and/or skimpy BB clothes - I've never seen guys at the local gym dress like that!  I think I'm hanging around the wrong gym.  Cheesy  Synaptic Sims has a trenchcoat for both genders I might be able to work with - but I haven't found any robes yet.  Does anyone know if there is a tutorial for converting existing clothing meshes to work with different body shapes? 

Thanks again - this was such a huge help. 

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 04:20:17 pm »

YAY   Rock

BlooM - thank you so much.  That was exactly what I needed.  Looking through all those different forums and threads was starting to make me twitchy.  Showerproof skins and top and bottom shape meshes from teen through elder -  I know where to get all of that for the males, but what about the females?  I found the single female projects thread - very lonely looking among tons of male threads  - but it looks like there are only athletic and BB meshes for the adult female even though the skins say they are for teen through elder.  Are there meshes available for teen and elder females for the athletic and/or BB female?  It seems rather odd to have a female sim suddenly go from borderline anorexic skinny to big, buff muscles and then back to skinny with everything sagging.  Did I miss a thread or download link?

EKozski - thank you for the clothing links.  I'm finding a lot of skin tight and/or skimpy BB clothes - I've never seen guys at the local gym dress like that!  I think I'm hanging around the wrong gym.  Cheesy  Synaptic Sims has a trenchcoat for both genders I might be able to work with - but I haven't found any robes yet.  Does anyone know if there is a tutorial for converting existing clothing meshes to work with different body shapes? 

Thanks again - this was such a huge help. 

You are right, i dont remember any athletic or bb female teens either Wink

No longer active
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 04:54:53 pm »

SynapticSims has lean bodybuilder for male and female. I think those are for teens....You'd have to look under his mesh catagory.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
meesha

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 05:13:12 pm »

Thanks for all the help.  I'm having a much easier time finding what I want.  I have another question though.  When I downloaded the trenchcoat conversion for the Bodybuilder on GSC2, it came with these installation instructions from bobrunlille -

Within this Zip you will find three files as follows:

1:Mesh_Ju_Beos_trenchcoatpantboots180106.package
2:Ju_beos_trenchcoatpantbootsblack.package
3:ambodytrenchcoatpantsboots_tslocator_gmdc.txt

Before installing you need to do this:

Make a copy or download from the inseminator http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=2364
MESH_Ju-Beos_barbienude240705.package

Open it with Simpe

Select the geometric data container with the plugin View
in the folder content\cGeometryDataContainer click on Import
Select ambodytrenchcoatpantsboots_tslocator_gmdc.txt
under MilkShape 3d ASCII Importer(*.txt)
A window will open: Mesh Group Importer
In Group Settings select Rename  and name your import: body_alpha
this is very important
then click OK
After You need to click on Commit
Then you have to extract the modified geometric data container in a folder you create for this use ,Select the geometric data container click right on your mouse and select extract
 then close the package, dont save it

Now Open Mesh_Ju_Beos_trenchcoatpantboots180106.package
Select the geometric data container click right on your mouse and select replace
choose the file you just have extracted
On the window ressource changed clik yes
Then click commit
Go on tool\objects Tools\fix integrity
Click ok
and save your package,
Now you can put both
1:Mesh_Ju_Beos_trenchcoatpantboots180106.package
2:Ju_beos_trenchcoatpantbootsblack.package
in your download folder

I don't know exactly what that does, but I follwed the instructions and it worked - the bodybuilder trenchcoat shows up in Body Shop so I can recolor it to match the set of Quidditch Robes I have for the regular shaped sims.  But I found another mention of that with a clothing conversion done by wirelessguy for an ambulance driver outfit - he noted that the technique used was from bobrunlille.  In reading through the comments on the trenchcoat thread, bobrunlille said he didn't actually do a mesh for the trenchcoat - he used this technique in SimPE.

So my question is - will this technique work for any clothing mesh?  If it will, is there a tutorial that explains it in more detail anywhere?  I'm not sure where bobrunlille got the three files included in the download if he didn't actually make a mesh himself.  I didn't have any trouble with those instructions so I'm hoping I can use that technique to convert some of the clothing that I already have to fit these body shapes - I just need more detail to be sure I don't screw something up.

Thanks

miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 08:26:20 pm »

These instructions are apparently to make a mesh consisting of a nude body wearing a trenchcoat from two separate pieces, the trenchcoat mesh with pants and boots, and the nude body mesh.  He downloaded the trenchcoat mesh from another source, apparently no longer available, so he's redistributing it.  I'm not 100% sure why you need to do this manipulation to the trenchcoat file before you recolor it.  Someone more mesh savvy than I am will have to answer that. 

Unless this post was intended as a tutorial, I'm not sure why bobrunlille didn't perform the operation himself and offer just the result as a download. 

I don't think this will help you convert other Maxis sized meshes to fit the various Bodybuilders -- both meshes were already scaled to body builder size -- for that you need Milkshape to manipulate the meshes to body builder sizes, and that's no small job.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
meesha

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 11:16:43 pm »

These instructions are apparently to make a mesh consisting of a nude body wearing a trenchcoat from two separate pieces, the trenchcoat mesh with pants and boots, and the nude body mesh.  He downloaded the trenchcoat mesh from another source, apparently no longer available, so he's redistributing it.  I'm not 100% sure why you need to do this manipulation to the trenchcoat file before you recolor it.  Someone more mesh savvy than I am will have to answer that. 

Unless this post was intended as a tutorial, I'm not sure why bobrunlille didn't perform the operation himself and offer just the result as a download. 

I don't think this will help you convert other Maxis sized meshes to fit the various Bodybuilders -- both meshes were already scaled to body builder size -- for that you need Milkshape to manipulate the meshes to body builder sizes, and that's no small job.

Well, what he said in the post for the trenchcoat was that the bodybuilder mesh - the one by marvine and beosboxboy - could not be redistributed without their permision so this technique was his way around that.  Even when beosboxboy commented in the thread that he could, he said without marvine giving permission as well he couldn't redistribute their mesh.  I think beosboxboy fixed it so you could just download it and install it, but I couldn't find a link to the fixed version so I just followed his instructions.

There were other comments in the thread about the technique being used and wirelessguy apparently used this same technique to convert a Maxis mesh to the bodybuilder shape - no details on how he did it.  Best I could understand, they were using this technique to create a second body alpha mesh to stack over the nude bodybuilder mesh.  I don't fully understand it so I was hoping someone could explain it or that maybe there was a tutorial for it.

ETA -

I found what I was looking for - at least I think I did.  Body Shop has decided to give me problems tonight and not open so I can't check to see if this showed up in the catelog.  Anyway, bobrunlille did a conversion for the Graduation Outfit for the Bodybuilder at GSC2.  This is the same outfit that mia86 used as the basis for her robes for males and females from child through adult.  How difficult is a conversion like this and/or has anyone else done conversaions for the graduation outfit for any of the bother bodybuilder meses - i.e. the Lean Bodybuilder, Bodybuilder Girl or the Teen Male Bodybuilder?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: