Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 07:00:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Visit A Sim?  (Read 9819 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2010, 12:42:43 am »

I have been wondering for quite some time (as has the whole sims community I'm sure), if it is possible in the games code for one sim to be able to visit another? I don't see why you wouldn't be able to drive to the next door neighbors atleast. I mean I understand there would be no way to visit a townie but could it be possible to visit other sims homes inside your neighborhood? I was thinking like click to go somewhere and when the list pops up it would show others sims in the neighborhoods addresses? That would be the best thing in the world wouldn't it? I know if a working hospital can be made then I am pretty sure this could be made as well? I thought I would ask because I didn't know if it was hard coded or not, or if the code could be cracked to allow homes to be visited, and if so would someone PLEASE consider making a mod to allow such a thing? Wink
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 01:22:36 am by SimGirl20 » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 12:47:17 am »

I'm pretty sure this can't be done. Otherwise it would have been done already, since people have been saying since the beginning of TS2 how nice it would be if we could take our sims to their neighbours' houses.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 12:52:19 am »

I wonder if its been attempted though? I mean I thought I would NEVER see the day when my sims could go to the hospital to give birth and now they can, and this mod was made just last year. I just don't see why you wouldn't be able to because you can travel to the hamburger place down the street, but you can't visit Mary&Bob across the way? I would think it should work if the said sim had a driveway for the car to park into? I can just see all this in my head. Grin I was thinking the loading screen could show 'Loading 684 Bearcreek Dr.' or something like that? Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 01:28:10 am by SimGirl20 » Logged
Wingelmina

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 01:51:56 am »

Chris Hatch is working on "Visit other Sims" mod (it is in testing).

*Link removed by admin*
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 01:55:33 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 01:56:16 am »

As we are a pg-13 forum, there is no direct linking to 18+ sites, please. You may PM the direct link, if the person you are sending it to is 18+.

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 02:15:44 am »

Are you serious!? I will def. keep an eye on that then! I only hope it will be hosted on the family/friendly site as I don't really do the whole adult oriented type mods anymore. I only have showerproof skins/removed censors and stuff like that. I can't believe this. I am really excited now! -does happy dance- YAY

P.S. I am 18+ lol Joy.. tongue

*EDIT* I wanted to report back to this thread and, let you all know (those of you who are 18+) that the Visit sim mod works like a charm. I am extremley happy with it. This has needed to be done since the sims first came out, so it really is a treat to see a sim go and visit another sim.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 09:42:10 am by SimGirl20 » Logged
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 12:09:22 am »

That's awesome. I should check it out too. I'm kinda busy with Sims 3 (modding and testing). But my Sims are waiting patiently for me to go back to Sims 2 to enjoy them even more!

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 04:40:45 am »

For a number of years I'd been hearing about the "community time project" which was made by Crammyboy-I'd been intrigued and interested in it-but deterred by the fact that it requires at least Pets to play it.
I now have Seasons and am now using it. I can understand the excitement this mod generated when it was first released, and am puzzled as to why more people are not using it, because it is so much more hood integrating than I'd ever heard of.
Because you can visit community lots, and still control the other half of the home base at the same time-what a cool concept, and it certainly is fun to be able to do both actions at once.
The only reason I mention this mod is that it is as close to the "visit sim" mod as one will get without using both.
I found that the "visit sim" mod is still a bit in the rough territory for the moment, and hope to use it once a couple of the kinks get worked out.

rumbecome

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 08:21:19 pm »

Are you serious!? I will def. keep an eye on that then! I only hope it will be hosted on the family/friendly site as I don't really do the whole adult oriented type mods anymore. I only have showerproof skins/removed censors and stuff like that. I can't believe this. I am really excited now! -does happy dance- YAY

P.S. I am 18+ lol Joy.. tongue

*EDIT* I wanted to report back to this thread and, let you all know (those of you who are 18+) that the Visit sim mod works like a charm. I am extremley happy with it. This has needed to be done since the sims first came out, so it really is a treat to see a sim go and visit another sim.

I'm new here so i dont really know what I'm doing, but this visiting a sim thing works for Sims 2? And if so does it cause any problems that you have noticed? And how awesome is it?
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 05:58:01 am »

It is fairly awesome-it works only for Sims 2, but if you have certain EP's beyond Pets, you will have to download the mod to match it..I can't use it because I have the "hospital" mod that CH made from the same forum.
If you want any of the files from that site,  you should register and download what you can at a modest pace. There's an active discussion going on there that indicates the site will probably be closing within the next 5 months, due to a variety of problems.

rumbecome

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 07:55:50 pm »

It is fairly awesome-it works only for Sims 2, but if you have certain EP's beyond Pets, you will have to download the mod to match it..I can't use it because I have the "hospital" mod that CH made from the same forum.
If you want any of the files from that site,  you should register and download what you can at a modest pace. There's an active discussion going on there that indicates the site will probably be closing within the next 5 months, due to a variety of problems.

Alright, do you know the name of the site? Thank you.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 08:32:59 pm »

First, the site itself is down for revamping. Second, I can't even mention it here because it is an adults only site, and I don't want to get banned for mentioning it.
Sorry.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 08:35:39 pm »

*cough*PM's are great*cough* Wink

Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 09:21:35 pm »

*smacks Joy on the back*

You seem to have a hairball there, m'dear. Tongue

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
rumbecome

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2010, 01:15:07 am »

First, the site itself is down for revamping. Second, I can't even mention it here because it is an adults only site, and I don't want to get banned for mentioning it.
Sorry.

Alright, well thank you anyways. Is there a way to send  me it in a message? That would be ever so lovely! If not, thank you anyway.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: