Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 11:13:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened to my sim??  (Read 2796 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Cindra
California Girl

Fun, Fresh, Fierce!!

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2010, 12:14:56 am »

OK this was just a test sim to make sure a few mods were working correctly. When I aged my sim to a child it made my sim appear like this (pic provided). Any suggestions or solutions? Thanks in advance everybody! Smiley

P.S. Toddler appears same way. Teens and adults appear normal.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 12:23:27 am by Cindra » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 12:30:59 am »

Are you using any custom bodyshapes?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Cindra
California Girl

Fun, Fresh, Fierce!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 12:33:27 am »

No custom bodyshapes. That was however, a custom skintone by Simcribbling. I've used it on all my sims and never had this happen. Sad
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 12:41:43 am »

Usually when you get a Sim like that it's missing a mesh. I know with the BodyBuilder and Slim BodyBuilder's, if you're missing the showerproof meshes, you get a floating head like you have in your picture. But, that isn't the case here.......

Did you try changing the clothes if the sims is clickable?

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Cindra
California Girl

Fun, Fresh, Fierce!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 12:48:14 am »

Hmm thanks for that tip. But no sorry I didn't try changing clothes. When I aged her to toddler she was like that so I just kept aging her thinking it was just a glitch. I just kind of freaked out when I seen them like that. Teen and adult age were fine. Thanks for all your help everybody!  Grin

I did just download a male sim with BodyBuilder skintone and clothes. But I didn't use that skin on this particular sim. She was already created. And, I didn't download this showerproof mesh. Is this what your referring to Ekozski? If so then I'll download these 2 links provided and see if that helps. Thanks for everything! Smiley
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 01:11:14 am by Cindra » Logged
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 01:22:15 am »

Download the first link, that has the meshes you need so you won't get a floating head.

With all the Sims I've created, I automatically include them.

The Sims 3.........NO!
Cindra
California Girl

Fun, Fresh, Fierce!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 01:51:23 am »

Well that didn't fix the floating head problem with Toddler's and Children. But, I think I found a way to avoid it anyhow. I currently use Monique's Individual Aging on/off mod and Merola's Multi Painting to add days for when I'm ready for them to age.

I tested the add days to age with the painting then had them grow up and they didn't have floating heads. It's always nice when a creator includes all the meshes with the sim and/or whatever they are creating. I wish the majority of them were like you! Tongue Anyway I appreciate everything and I'll try to work around the issue. Thanks for everything!! Smiley
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 01:57:59 am »

You're welcome!

When I saw the floating head, that was the first thing that popped into my mind. Since that was the problem, it hopefully gave you a starting point.

The Sims 3.........NO!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: