Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:03:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Communal Objects in Apartments?  (Read 4934 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
loandbehold

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2010, 09:55:48 pm »

So I tried making an apartment and I know you can have communal objects such as a tv, stereo, darts, bookcase, blah blah, but can you not have a fridge that can be used by everyone? Or microwave or all that kitchen stuff? Is it not possible to use this stuff communally? Basically I'm trying to make apartments as dorm-esque as possible without actually having UNI.  huh Perhaps I'm doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated Cheesy
cgirl369

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 01:07:06 pm »

you should be able to have a communal kitchen.  The only reason I can think of that you wouldn't be able to place any buy mode object in an apartment building is if you already have a family in there, and then I think using cheats, probably "moveObjects on" though it may be "boolProp aptBaseSpecificToolsDisabled false", you'd be able to put objects in the communal area.

If you don't have any families in the apartment yet, then I'm not sure what the problem is.  What's preventing you from putting a fridge, oven, etc. in the communal kitchen, because you should be able to.

loandbehold

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 04:46:04 pm »

The problem isn't physically placing the kitchen stuff in the communal area. What I did was, I made the apartment building with the rooms and furnished the downstairs with communal things. I did the whole changelotzoning apartmentbase and it became an apartment. But when I moved a sim into the apartment and had them rent it, I went downstairs to have them cook something and all I could do with the fridge was juggle bottles.  No option to cook or anything. I even let the hunger motive go to red to see if then the option to cook would come up but it was still the juggling option. I ended up having to move the sim out. *shrugs* So...yeah, maybe I did something wrong along the way? I just can't think of what!
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 08:22:26 am »

There's a hack from SimLogical (I think) that will spawn a cafeteria worker to cook in a communal kitchen.  My Sim was able to cook in the kitchen when the worker was off duty, however.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: