Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:08:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Having combine households issue  (Read 8274 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2010, 07:31:47 am »

I just got a new computer and am running widows 7. I have all expansions and a few stuff packs. Since I have installed everything on this new system I am having an issue with my sims showing back up in the sim bin after combining a household. If they die on the lot, they show up in the sim bin but, no picture is there. All my games are patched. The stuff packs I have are M&G, K&B, Holiday, Glamour & H&M. I didn't see any patches for these particular stuff packs on EA's website. Am I missing a patch for one of these stuff packs from somewhere else? I could swear there was one for M&G somewhere. I'm not sure why this is happening.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 10:38:52 am »

Thats ironic..because I am thinking about getting a windows7 computer, and I was told by my friend who has one that any windowsXP software would not be compatible with windows7! Is this true? I mean if it is, I won't be getting a new one because then I wouldn't be able to play my sims and thats just not a option lol..
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 10:48:57 am by SimGirl20 » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 10:52:22 am »

Sims 2 is compatible with Win 7 and vista. Most vista compatible programs will also be compatible with Win7, since the systems are not that different (but almost equally annoying).
The main difference is that paths are slightly different between XP and the newer OS systems. But the game will know where to install as long as you do it the auto way.

I think the patches are more intended for the EPs. Some of the stuff packs use coding from different EPs - like MG, where you'll often need AL mods (if not MG spesific mods) for it to be compatible, even if you don't have AL. EA patches are known to be evil half the time, so I tend to keep far away from them myself...

There are often troubles with a new computer (believe me). Like if you used a backup - did you install the games (and patches) in the order you had it installed before? If you're running a new game, then there could even be something that messed up during the installation. It could also be a mod problem (you have checked if the problem persists without CC, right).
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 07:35:09 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 11:08:34 am »

Thats good news then. I just have to see when I get one this christmas. *wonders what theraven wrote in tiny font* huh lol..
Ldyvamp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 07:23:00 am »

Yes, I have checked without any CC and it is still doing the same thing. All games were installed in order and each patch for every expansion were added after install of each game. I still could swear there was a patch fix somewhere for this problem seperate from the main expansions ones. Maybe I am just Coo Coo...lol I was worried about the game running in windows 7 but it runs great. Only other annoying thing is that the game minimizes back to windows every so often...Not sure why.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 07:39:26 am »

It could be Win7's annoying window thing. You know - when you move a window towards the top, it widens, or puts down everything else. Something with the mouse, too.
I think it should be possible to turn this off, but I have Vista so I can't check (Win7 at school, which I'm probably not returning to now, since I'm done with my second/final year tomorrow).

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 10:33:25 am »

If you have something running in the backround and it activates, the window/game will drop to the task bar. Happens to me every now and then.

HP's Health check and system analyisis does that.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 07:14:32 am »

The minimising could be due to you hitting the Caps Lock key, maybe? for some reason Win 7 insists that it is vitally important for me to know that I have pressed the Caps Lock key, so it minimises all programs and shows me a little pop-up in the bottom right of the screen. I sometimes hit the Caps Lock key when I'm trying to hit Tab to go into cameraman mode. Though other things could be calling for your attention as well, like your antivirus wanting to connect to the internet or any other program that's running in the background that thinks it's imperative that it lets you know that it's doing something mundane.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 07:35:14 am »

I hit my Caps Lock key and the only thing that happens is, that little light goes on next to the numbers lock key.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 06:10:25 pm »

Must be a setting on my laptop, then. Or the fact that it's a laptop. It insists on minimising TS2 to show me the little icon. Nothing lights up since it's not a regular keyboard but a laptop one.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: