Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:44:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition For New Sims2 EP  (Read 22241 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2010, 09:34:30 pm »

I just thought I would get this out to a few well known sites..It's a petition for EA to make a new EP for our beloved Sims2. Please READ the petition and sign! I think that with enough signatures the OP is going to send the petition to EA. Here is whats supposed to be posted to all your friends.. tongue

v

Hi,

I wanted to draw your attention to this important petition that I recently signed:

"EA should make another EP for The Sims 2"
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/newepforsims2/

I really think this is an important cause, and I'd like to encourage you to add your
signature, too. It's free and takes just a few seconds of your time.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 09:39:52 pm by SimGirl20 » Logged
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 01:15:08 pm »

While I would love to see something like this happen (especially if it's made Sucky-rom free), I think I'll pass on signing it.  The last time I even bothered to sign an e-petition, my e-mail information was compromised, along with a few hundred other people's.  And EA doesn't give a rat's behind about online petitions anyways... there'd be better luck in actually getting everyone in on this to mail them the old fashion way.  Not trying to be a downer or anything, but that's sadly just how it is... Undecided

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 01:36:01 pm »

To be honest a new EP for the Sims 2 isn't going to happen. As it happened with Sims 1, once 2 came out, they no longer developed the first game. Now TS3 is out TS2 isn't getting anything new. Also, as Tenshii said, online petitions are just bad news. I've never signed them and my reasons for not doing so were proven right no too long ago when another e-petition being circulated around the simming community was compromised.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 04:18:47 pm »

I wuld love for a new EP to come out, but there is truly no chance of that. Sims 3 is here, and we sims 2-er's have been left in the dust :/

Find me on moonlight <3
Sita

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 04:44:54 am »

yes, I agree - with BOTH points of view.

Yes, Another EP for Sims 2 would be amazing,
and Yes, it ain't gonna happen.

Oh and I'm not surprised about the petition sites being compromised. Since I signed one or two petitions I am now getting an amazing amount more spam. Even if the site itself isn't selling email addresses there may well be an easy hack to get the addresses. My spam filter is kept busy, (hundreds of messages a day). Unless you change your email addy, which is inconvenient, that's all you can do.

and http://simechoes.org for Sims 1 and 2
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 04:55:09 am »

Not signing anything that gives me more mail spam than I already get... Not when there is no chance the signing will do any good.

After 9 EPs and uhm... not sure how many SPs, most PCs tend to struggle. My laptop started begging for mercy after FT, and any more now, my PC will probably start groaning too. And I don't think there's a chance for more EPs with Sims 3 out, not when it starts to look like EA are about to abandon Sims 3 soon, too.

Honestly, I think the community can make better stuff now than EA manages on their own. The more recent EPs and SPs didn't add much new, and the EPs tend to contain more stuff we don't need than stuff we really want.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 05:00:17 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Spartle

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 02:28:08 pm »

Oh my goodness... EA about to abandon Sims 3 already?  I hadn't heard about that.  Where did you read that? 
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 02:30:27 pm »

Someone mentioned it here at Insim, I think. Don't know if it's true, but they're seemingly spending less and less energy (read: money) on advertising the EPs. Realizing it's a sinking ship, maybe...

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 03:31:28 pm »

I agree, and agree, and agree some more and all points made here.  But I will add, if they ever did come out with a 'anything sims2 related ep or s2'  It should be a remover of their own maxis stuff in buy and build and CAS mode.  The stuff that I still never use because its just so random/useless/ugly or whatever.  If I could rid my game permanently of the stuff I dont use it would run so much smoother.  For others too I'm sure. 
  In conclusion lol lets all cross our fingers that this major hit they took with S3 will enlighten them and encourage them to get the job done with a mind blowing S4.  I'll wait up to 5-8 yrs on a game aslong as its great in the end.  Look at the most popular games ever made, all of them had tremendously long development times.  Here's hoping!  cheers.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 03:50:04 pm »

If you want EAxis stuff hiders, there are plenty at MTS2. Don't count on EA...  Undecided

The reason Sims 1 was considered great, was because it was a mostly new consept, and because Will Wright and Maxis was behind it. Not EA, who bought up Maxis somewhere around when they realized it was a great way of scooping in more money.

The reason Sims 2 was great, was because Maxis/WW still had a hand into it (at least the basegame, can't remember the entire story here), and because the change from TS1 to TS2 was such a great jump in graphics, and much wider in what you could do, that they got a a whole lot of new players into it.

The reason Sims 3 is considered a flop, is because it was entirely EA's creation (if you look away from what they stole from Sims 2, of course - which was about 80% of the entire concept, including recycling most of the animations). What was their own creations in this, they either missed entirely on what people wanted, or didn't make it quite into what it could be. They let down too many players, which is why a lot of the old TS2 players still refuses to have anything to do with it. 

The jump from TS1 to TS2 was a mountain, compared to TS2 to TS3 which was about the top of an anthill...

Sims 4... Maybe someday, in the future. But I would have been much more optimistic if EA weren't behind it...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 04:02:42 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 04:02:51 pm »

Yes your right Theraven, I read alot about this, 7pages of it to be exact in the S3 discussion.  I know about the hiders, the EA content still drags your load time and wastes your space, only now you can't see them lol.  Kinda thought they were being a little communist about locking their content like that.  No biggee though I obvious don't care that much I'm still playing and paying for it right? lol...
  If anyone seriously wanted to start a petition for EA on any matter being it fixing S3, new S2, or bundled S1, wouldn't it make more sense to do it at EA's site in their forums or blogs wherever?  Hard to ignore something thats being waved in your face everywhere you look on your own site right?  Just a thought, a happy one lol.

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 11:08:02 pm »

I didn't mean for this thread to be a big deal. tongue I was just bored and thought I would post it, because it would be awesome for another EP to be made, and I just wanted to inspire as many people as I could to sign it. That's pretty funny (actually downright hilarious in my opinion.) that EA is considering dropping TS3. I wondered how long it would take the morons to figure out that TS3 is a HUGE         ---->              FAIL..

I mean I will admit I have installed and uninstalled it on more than one occasion, but I just kept telling myself 'Self you spent 60$ on this game, you've got to atleast try and enjoy it..' Well no matter how hard I try I just can't get used to it. I don't care whats made for the game as far as mods go, the gameplay and the whole game in general is just so cartoony and Sims Oneish,  I just can't get myself so hyped up over it and love it as dearly as I do my Sims2. I'm sorry, thats just how I feel, and it won't change, hence the reason for this thread. I don't want to sit and bash TS3, because theres alot of folks out there that really are abandoning TS2 for TS3, just as they did TS1. But you know, that is there prerogative and most will stick to it. Wink
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 03:47:35 am »

At least now they have to come up with good(ish) EPs to make people buy their games...

Still, they should call in an exterminator to get some control over their bugs. When their patches are buggier than the actual game they are supposed to fix, it's no wonder people starts hating EA and decides to abandon Sims 3 because their version of the game is too buggy to be any fun, or randomly blows up because of Securom...

EA and their "brilliant" ideas... Like I said, if someone had decided to make a new EP for TS2, I sincerely hope someone else than EA were behind the creation of it...

My site:

SparkleSim

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 01:09:55 am »

I LOVE Sims 2!  Yes, I think there should be more EPs for it!  I sign!

Are you looking for a good comedy-drama sim story?  Please come read my story LOVE CHILD.   (Must be 18+)
Roxy2004

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 01:38:58 am »

I don't sign on-line petition since the last one to EA was hacked and 600+ signers(myself included) were accused of pirating pay files.

While it sounds good on paper, a new EP won't be made.  The game engine and computers can handle much more.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: