Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:17:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Neighborhood water not showing up  (Read 1632 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
zammy

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2010, 11:19:13 pm »

I recently installed my game on my new computer, and previously, had not played it for a while on my old computer. However, when I reinstalled on this one and went to play, I noticed the water in the neighborhood looked like this:

(minus the dark color. I added a water mod to see if it would help fix the problem, but to no avail.) I know it's not the graphics card on this computer. As I said, it's rather new and built specifically for games like Sims (as I have both 2 and 3 on here). When this problem occurred, I hadn't added any new mods, so that couldn't be the problem.

And as I said, it only happened when I moved over to this computer. I reinstalled Sims 2 completely, but I did take my whole documents folder straight from the other one and placed it over the new one the game created here. Could that be the problem even if it worked on the old computer? Thanks for the help anyone that can solve this problem.

Edit: Here's a picture of a beach lot. Don't know if it'll help or hurt anything =\

Oh, and the ponds work just fine.... So I'm completely stumped.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 02:07:13 pm by zammy » Logged

My Sims (2) Blog: The Sims in Wonderland
bollyknickers
Sci-Fi And Sims!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 03:08:54 am »

I also have this issue. I thought it was my graphics card, but if you have a good graphics card and still have the issue, maybe it's something else! I've tried starting the game with no custom content or mods at all, but to no avail. I've also tried using a custom water mod.

Very strange and annoying! I've started making all my neighbourhoods from templates without any water just to avoid it.

I hope someone has an answer!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: