Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:07:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good feathered wings  (Read 4763 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Artha

If in doubt, poke it. *poke*

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2010, 01:37:37 am »

So far, I've found a few wings for the Sims 3 but none of them are very good. The best is Rosesims, but the texture isn't the very good, and it doesn't look that good recolored.. even though the recolor would be what I would be using.
Not to mention no detail to shade in....
I want wings with detailing for the feathers, and a few different recolor options.. I'd do it myself but I don't know how to mesh nor do I have the programs nor do I have the money to buy the programs needed... and even if I had the money and the programs I don't know heads or tails of them.
I want wings that attach to the shoulders, like Syn's do for the Sims 3, but bigger, and more real looking.  Recolorable, of course, with the feathers, feather edges, maybe banding, and the lines between feathers to make it look a little more detailed in the end.
I want them to be folded naturally; not spread out wide like some of the wings I have seen; and not detail less like some of the others.
If anybody could do that I would love them to death forever... and like be enslaved to them for LIFE...
And I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd appreciate wings like that.

Something like this:
The meshes attaching to the sims shoulder so the wings seem to move separately as the sim moves instead of moving stiffly with the sim.. it just seems more alive and real.
:3 (Yeah that was sketched up real quick on my tablet WHOO TABLET! )
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 01:44:05 pm by TheAbhorsen » Logged
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 05:57:09 am »

Remove that last line and ill see wat i can do. Wink
I have a set of wings but they are not textured and i dont know if i can apply the transparancy wich is needed.

edit,
nevermind, you want folded ones.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 06:02:40 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
Artha

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 12:28:24 pm »

Those ones are pretty good too; just it looks a little funny with Sims walking around everywhere with their wings spread (That's why I've been looking left and right for them and had little luck.
I WOULD love to see what you can do with them :3
potatochan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 04:57:55 pm »

look on modthesims.info for the wings by SynapticSim. These wings were taken off of the parrots you get in TS2 Pets so they look natural in the game and come in both outstretched AND folded versions. They can also be recolored w/ relative ease in bodyshop.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 05:04:11 pm »

Potatochan, those wings are for TS2. TheDarkestDrow is looking for wings for TS3. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 06:16:14 pm »

Hate to keep reviving an old thread but WOW, Bloom!!! Those look amazing...!!!
Artha

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 10:10:42 pm »

look on modthesims.info for the wings by SynapticSim. These wings were taken off of the parrots you get in TS2 Pets so they look natural in the game and come in both outstretched AND folded versions. They can also be recolored w/ relative ease in bodyshop.

I have those wings for ts2 - they aren't for ts3 sadly - I wish they were cause they are such great wings *sadface*
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 11:30:40 pm »

Unfortunately, Syn has stated he won't be doing any cc for TS3 and has asked people to not convert any of his creations over to TS3.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Artha

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 03:18:46 pm »

Unfortunately, Syn has stated he won't be doing any cc for TS3 and has asked people to not convert any of his creations over to TS3.

I know it makes me sad, I wish I knew how to sculpt and mesh, I have so many awesome ideas I would love to integrate but I don't have the programs, know how, or even a computer capable of running such programs.. (I don't think anyway.. my laptop MIGHT, I dunno though 0o)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: