Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:33:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I've decided to try meshing, but I'm totally lost. Any help?  (Read 3653 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DeliciouslyDemonic
So Demonic it's Delicious.

My real name is Daniella :D

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2010, 11:31:44 am »

Hello. Smiley
I was, at first, trying to convert some AF undies to TF, and failed. I thought, maybe if I can recreate the mesh I can copy & paste the textures and such to it. Then I began wanting to make my own meshes and textures. So I downloaded Milkshape and some Sims2 Plug-ins for it, but I've got no clue what to do. I've looked at tutorials and asked other people, but they never make it SIMPLE to understand. Can anyone help me?

(If it matters, I use GNU Image Manipulation Programme (GIMP) for making textures)

*Signature image removed by Admin staff for being much larger than the 250 x 50 limit, which is stated clearly in our site rules*
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 11:42:02 am »

I suggest you first try to convert some textures from adult to teen before starting to mesh.
Here is a easy to follow tutorial:
http://www.gothplaguesgear.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14

No longer active
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 11:48:02 am »

Which undies are you trying to convert? There are lots of AF to TF conversions already, and you could be lucky Wink

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
DeliciouslyDemonic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 12:19:15 pm »

BlooM - That's exactly what I did. It looked terrible.

theraven - I was trying to convert this Corset:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=399770

*Signature image removed by Admin staff for being much larger than the 250 x 50 limit, which is stated clearly in our site rules*
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 12:32:17 pm »

The meshes here looks like they could fit.
Hmm... on closer inspection of the texture, you might need a converted mesh, since the corset is separate. I've tried converting textures like that, and it takes a lot of work to make it look half as good...

Meshing, at least from the bottom, isn't simple to understand right away. It's not as easy as "click here, click there, and you're done". Took me months to mesh something from the bottom up that wasn't blocky and looked weird. As for meshing clothes for sims, I still stick to the simpler stuff, since I'm not comfortable with Milkshape (I find it very awkward to use). I've never meshed something from the bottom there, either. Just conversions and some simple editing.  
I use another programme mostly, but I haven't gotten around to find the right plugins so I can use it more directly with SimPE (skeletons and such).

Converting meshes is easier if you have a little knowledge in the programmes (SimPE and Milkshape), but other than that, there are some quite easy step-by-step tutorials you could use. Here is one (old), and here is one with pictures.  

In any case, you should go through the beginner tutorials at MTS2 first (the five first here). They tell you a lot you need to know, especially about SimPE.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 12:56:52 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
DeliciouslyDemonic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 01:38:09 pm »

I'm already very good at SimPE and such. Wink Thanks, though.

A converted Mesh, eh? I could ask the original creator if they could convert it for me. I dunno what would be worse, doing it myself or asking around. Dx

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: