Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:23:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Grim Reaper won't appear; help! (Resolved!)  (Read 1584 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Artha

If in doubt, poke it. *poke*

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2010, 02:14:14 am »

It's kinda annoying cause you can't do anything when a sim dies, cause you can't move or anything.. even deleting the sim, you can't move, and have to start over without saving if a sim dies... just so you can move and edit the town and all.

Well, here's my problem.  I decided to kill a sim because I was bored.  A random neighbor that kept knocking down my trash can anyway.
She just lay there dead as dead could be, in that curled up dead position while another sim stood there and cried.
No grim reaper!
I waited 5 minutes. Still no Grim Reaper!
After another 15 minutes, no grim reaper.  I had my sims going about their lives; but still no Grim Reaper. I exited without saving and went to another new neighborhood, randomly selected a household, killed a sim, and same thing.
I've removed my recent hacks and stuff; the Grim Reaper was appearing just fine yesterday.

Is it something wrong with the game itself?
I forced NPC but the Grim Reaper just stood there.
I did "resetsim Grim Reaper" and still nothing.
It's happening in all my neighborhoods.
It's kinda annoying even if it is funny to see a dead sim just laying there like a lump...

Oh, another thing I did was deleted the cache files.

I have the base game, World Adventures, and the latest patch.

Thanks for any help!

I do not have the Awesomemod or Twellans Supercomputer; just thought I'd add that in here.

Turns out it was one of the mods I had. Problem is now fixed, and Grimmie is visiting when a sim dies!
Another problem was I'd somehow managed to get a Girl Doll Dressed thing somewhere... Not sure if any of you heard of it, but it's a corrupted item somebody made that attaches itself to other items and can end up in your game without you even realizing it and slow down loading time and other troubles.
Found that in the game too, deleted it, got rid of it, and a few other issues I have been having stopped too.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 06:01:07 am by TheDarkestDrow » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: