Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 08:21:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question About Neighborhood(s)  (Read 2178 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« on: June 23, 2010, 06:09:16 pm »

I've got this one neighborhood that I've downloaded. I've played it forever. Now, my question is, can I yank the (neighborhood) folder out and start all over again with the same 'hood?

I've tried reusing it, but the game won't let me.

I should know the answer to this, but my brain keeps hitting a brick wall.

Thank you!

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 11:32:25 pm »

What neighborhood is it? Do you mean take the neighborhood folder out in hopes of clearing all lots and hood deco, I'm not too sure you can do that. I think you would be able to bulldoze all lots and delete all deco though prior to taking out the neighborhood, if you wanted a clean slate as far as the terrain goes? I guess I didn't understand your problem lol.. tongue
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 12:47:06 am »

I have a Custom Neighborhood. I got it from MTS.

Now, since I can only use it once, I was wondering if I yanked the folder out of my Neighborhood folder, and replaced it with a fresh one (the same folder from the ZIP/RAR file) Would it be useable again?

It would be unpopulated and wouldn't have any houses on it. I know that. Just the deco objects.

The Sims 3.........NO!
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 04:58:16 pm »

That should work OK. If you yank out the old one and put in the new one but the game does not read it, first try deleting your cache files as it might still be expecting the old one to be there and deleting the cache files should refresh that. If that still doesn't work, take note of the folder number (eg. N004), then remove it to the desktop or another place where you know where it is. Then make new random hoods until you hit that number. Exit to desktop, delete the contents of the folder and replace them with the contents of your custom hood folder. That should hopefuly take care of the not reading problem. If the hood number is something ridiculous (eg. I use SimVille a lot and it's G999) so it would take you forever to get to the number or it would be impossible to get to the number (the game won't make folders starting tih Gxxx), use a mass renaming utility to rename the custom hood's folder and all files and then have the game only create dummy hoods up to that much lower number. As long as you rename the hood folder and all the files inside the game should be happy reading all the information - hence the mass renaming utility because it's a lot of work renaming the hundreds of files manually.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 05:20:05 pm »

Okie Dokie

Thank you!

The Sims 3.........NO!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: