Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:05:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tabula Rasa Not Listed in Spell Book *SOLVED* Thanks Everybody!  (Read 8199 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2010, 11:38:00 am »

My witches all have their magic skill maxed, and they're neutral witches. I've tried to get them to cast the spell, "Tabula Rasa" on other Sims, and they've got an inventory full of regents. But, when I go to look for the spell, it isn't even listed in any of the good, bad, or neutral spells in the spell book. huh I don't use many mods,and the only ones I use are: Sims2Living teen woohoo & pregnancy (AL), Triplets and Quads, Insimenator SIM Version, and a bug fix to correct the werewolf transformation for Sims with CC skins over at MoreAwesomeThanYou!, and Chaavik's 12 Sims per household. (They're all the proper version to be used with AL) and I've got no idea what could be causing this. They used to be able to cast the spell before my game crashed and I had to reinstall. Also, one of my Sims learned to break dance, and I was wondering, is there anyway for her to teach other Sims how to?

Thanks for the help!  Hug2

:Hammie:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 06:30:22 pm by Ienjoyhamsandwiches » Logged

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
simsplyr
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 05:50:10 pm »

Hi ienjoyhamsandwiches,

I suspect your problem might have to do with the internal alignment numbers.  According to the Prima Guide for Apartment Life, the minimum evil alignment for Tabula Rasa is 50%.   I don't know how the good/evil numbers interact specifically, but I'd imagine that at an earlier point you had achieved a neutral alignment with evil still 50% or more.  Since then doing good spells and neutral spells has made it drop to below 50%.

You might try doing a few other evil spells to see if Tabula Rasa suddenly becomes available again.  If you or someone knows of a witch alignment score viewer, that could help.  However, keep in mind that Prima Guides have been known to be wrong.

Thanks, simsplyr
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 11:16:08 am »

Wow. I didn't know that. I'll try getting my witches to cause a little mischief and see if that helps. Thank you.

zombie
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 11:37:58 am »

Also, studying the evil (?) way with the witch book, or making evil potions, and quite possibly also use the evil witch light and chair, will up the evil score.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 12:28:29 pm »

What exactly is the Tabula Rasa spell? I don't mean to hijack but since it is on the same lines of this post, I thought I would ask. What is the spell called that witches cast that can bring a recentley deceased sim back? I read it on that sims wikia site. I can link to the site if needed, but I was just wondering if your witch had to be good, evil or neutral? Thanks for the help.
simsplyr
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 05:20:17 pm »

Wow. I didn't know that. I'll try getting my witches to cause a little mischief and see if that helps. Thank you.

Hi Hammie,

Ooops, look like I was wrong ... *ugh*  that's hard to say.  Tongue

I had in my poor excuse for a memory that witch alignment was a two number system like gender preference.  I just looked around my test neighborhood and scanned the Prima guide again, but it appears that witch alignment is a single value.  I tried looking for witch alignment values in SimPE, but I couldn't find them, only references to the witch behaviors (let's wring our hands evilly).  The ranges for this value are -1000 to 1000.  -201 to -1000 is an evil witch, -200 to +200 is a neutral witch, 201 to 1000 is a good witch.  If an alignment is expressed in percent, then divide the alignment value by 10, e.g., -510 is an evil witch with 51% aligment to evil.

Since the Tabula Rasa spell needs an alignment value of -500 to -1000 and neutral requires alignment values of -200 to +200, I'm not sure how you got your neutral witch to cast it.  I'm not disputing that it occurred, just that I don't understand (a rather common occurance).

So I'm thinking that my idea of increasing the evil alignment, while maintaining a neutral alignment, will not work.  You can, of course, increase your evil alignment to -501 or so and that will grant you the spell, but your character will then be evil.

Sorry about that.  simsplyr
simsplyr
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 05:25:52 pm »

What exactly is the Tabula Rasa spell? I don't mean to hijack but since it is on the same lines of this post, I thought I would ask. What is the spell called that witches cast that can bring a recentley deceased sim back? I read it on that sims wikia site. I can link to the site if needed, but I was just wondering if your witch had to be good, evil or neutral? Thanks for the help.

Hi SimGirl20,

Tabula Rasa is a memory eraser.  According to the Prima guide, it will not only erase all memories in the target sim, but will set all relationship values to 0/0.  I don't know if it will affect the furious bit, I'd assume so.

For bringing back a sim, evil witches have the Vivificus Zombiae, but it brings them back as a zombie.  It also requires your witch to almost be of the highest evil alignment (-900 to -1000).

Thanks, simsplyr
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 05:39:29 pm »

There is one for good witches too - Expello Mortis.

There is a witch guide here.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 06:30:02 pm »

cool Thanks, theraven! That's very useful. @simsplyr, I have no idea how my witch did that. I remember my game crashed due to being too heavily modded, so maybe one of them caused the blurb? But now that I have the witch guide, I think I'll have quite an easier time. Thanks for the help, everybody.

zombie
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 01:19:21 am »

I appreciate the help simsplyr. I was wondering what spell and alignment my witch had to be to bring back a dead sim and now I know. Ah! thank you as well theraven this guide will be post useful! Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: