Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 03:43:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Ava (added chapter 8)  (Read 21962 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« on: June 27, 2010, 01:53:17 pm »

So before I continue I’m Already There, I’d like to get in some “practice”- the kind of “practice” theraven had with Anna’s Diary, a shorter story…

Ava

Things change. People die. Babies are born. It seems as though the great circle of life cannot be broken. At least, this is the thought of a typical healthy child, with a typical healthy family. Not me.
   See, in my house, nothing changes. Everything is the same. I get sick, while my brothers stay healthy. It is inevitable. I am only twelve years old, but wise beyond my age.

“Ava? Are you okay?” Aidan says sounding panicked.
   My face is quite a site; flushed, with blood gushing down from my left nostril.

“I am fine Aidan!” I shout. His willingness to help is annoying, and he has caught me at the wrong moment. “Get out of my room! And don’t you dare tell mom!”
   Aidan covers his mouth with his hand, shakes his head, and turns to race down the hall.

I rip another small shred of fabric from my makeshift curtain that is really a sheet and dabbing my nose with it I sop up all the blood. Underneath the blood, my skin is stained pink once more.

“How are you?”  My mother asks at dinner, “Do you feel feverish?”
   “I’m fine mom.” I scowl. Just then, Taylor looks up. I give him a demon glare as a warning not to tell.
   Aidan looks at Taylor, then to the floor.
   “I’m not liable to say anything.” He grumbles.
   I stare into my plate, and shove a forkful of spaghetti into my mouth.

Find and re-read chapter four here
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 06:51:56 pm by Katie » Logged

Find me on moonlight <3
Stinkerbella
Site Santa!

Duchess of Dorks

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 03:54:24 pm »

This sounds like it'll end up making me cry like a baby!  Cry  lol Can't wait to read what you have in store.  Grin

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work -Thomas Edison
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 04:02:42 pm »

Wow, a four lin prologue ad I've already got one comment! How exciting!  Cheesy  I'm writing/taking pictures for the first chapter already Wink

It might...  Evil Haha!

Find me on moonlight <3
Stinkerbella
Site Santa!

Duchess of Dorks

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 04:09:08 pm »

LOL! *grabs kleenex* I'll be ready.  Grin

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work -Thomas Edison
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 04:28:37 pm »

Cheesy That made me REALLY happy... but I write stories that are medical and sad- like theraven, but my writing styles are a bit different- so prepare Cheesy

Find me on moonlight <3
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 07:29:09 pm »

Looks like it'll be an awesome story.

BTW

Where did you get kids' hairs/hats?

http://dragcave.net/view/FQZT<<<< clickety click click

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 07:52:27 pm »

The girl's is from theraven's site- moonlightdragon, the beanie one on the teen is from raon, the headband one is by newsea but I got it from the booty- there's a link in the wcif thread on theraven's site, and the backwards cap is from... um... I think I need to look for that but there's a girl version too...

Thanks, I'm working on the update now...

Find me on moonlight <3
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 08:57:55 pm »

I'm already itching to read this! I can't wait to see what you come up with, Katie!  Grin It's going to be EPIC!

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 09:06:43 pm »

Thanks  Cheesy I'll try to make it epic for you!

Find me on moonlight <3
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 09:13:09 pm »

YAY

zombie
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 09:23:48 pm »

Just make sure it's not so epic it becomes an epic fail Wink

Seriously - waiting for ch.1  Grin

(Finally figured out how to fix something story-wise for LFB, by the way. I love when that happens Grin... then again, I think I wrote an entire chapter. Yes, another one. As though the story isn't long enough as it is... Undecided Oww... computer has been on for 115 hours non-stop. Maybe it's best it gets a little break...)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 10:47:03 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
gumdrop Rain

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 09:28:41 pm »

Oh dear - looks like this is going to be a good one xD
Another thread to keep track of 8D
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 09:03:45 am »

I adore those links raven, that was just very fun t read XD

I'm really excited that I didn't tell anyone I would post this and there's already so much... commenting  Grin

That may be a good idea....  Wink

Find me on moonlight <3
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 08:55:11 pm »

Aidan

When you are nine years old the last thing you want is to walk into your sister’s room to ask for help on homework, and see blood dripping everywhere. The other “last thing” you’d want to see is your sister making herself ill, refusing medical attention, and ending up sicker than before. Unfortunately, this is exactly my fate. I witness this on a weekly, sometimes daily basis.

My sister, Ava, has cancer. She was born with congenital heart disease, a type of defect in her blood vessels that appeared even before she was born. She was fine, until she turned three just after I was born. This was when she started getting bruises and nosebleeds, side pains and swollen throat glands, fevers and night sweats, weakness and joint pain, headaches and new infections nearly every week; her bones ached and her gums bled violently after being touched. She had developed acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Once all the traumas of cancer end, her heart problems bring up something new. A heart attack or failure, something of that sort because of her arrhythmia and tachycardia.
Today, she is in remission. Or at least, she was. Until this morning. I honor her right to our last breaths and choose not to tell.  I’d say it’s being noble, but this decision might end her life.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 12:39:51 pm by OBretttterBO » Logged

Find me on moonlight <3
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 09:37:53 pm »

Oh, Katie! That was SO good! I'm serious!  YAY I hope you update soon...I think I feel an addiction forming! Cheesy

zombie
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: