Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 02:40:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ava (added chapter 8)  (Read 22152 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2010, 09:46:53 pm »

I've already re-written the first three chapters Wink

I'm planning on posting the re-done part where "tayelor 2006" is, because that's not the part I wanted at all :/

And an update soon too.

Find me on moonlight <3
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2010, 11:43:34 pm »

Hey, just letting you know I've updated chapter Four. Wink

CHAPTER FIVE:
Alex

Even I know how silly we had looked. Wearing pajamas and facemasks in the middle of the day. But no one seemed to mind. My youngest brother, Aidan, tried to peel his mask off- but if he did, he’d have to leave.
   “Hi Ava,” I said when she woke up.
   A smile appeared on her face, then darted away as she pushed the button on her self-use morphine IV.

This was the day she started getting better. The best memory I have from when I was little.

“Ava, I’m not really sure you should do that.” I add, once more.
   “Alex, I’m not really sure you should talk.
   Ava climbs up the counter, and picks out a bottle of painkillers, and takes two swiftly out of the container, and pops them in her mouth.
   “What if something happens?”
   “What’s the worst that could happen?” She asks easily.
   It must be fun to be so care-free, Ava has no choice, if she cares too much she’ll never have any fun. If she worries all the time like the rest of us, she’ll live in the hospital. She hardly lets us put her in there when she really needs it.

I don't think that I'm going to add pictures... I think it takes away from what he's saying and plus I'm too lazy. I'll do a real chapter later. Wink
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 11:50:02 pm by OBretttterBO » Logged

Find me on moonlight <3
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2010, 12:58:25 am »

Just want to point out this is the "Sims 2 stories section" and not the "general fiction section", so pictures would definitely be a good thing. Wink

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2010, 09:43:21 am »

Well most chapters do have pictures... but this one doesn't because it's so... short. And plus I actually deleted the nighborhood I was using somehow and I've been trying to reconstruct. And... I think Ava's head would be through the upper cabinet if I had her up there :/

Next chapter will have pics, that's a promise.

Find me on moonlight <3
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2010, 05:07:20 pm »

DOUBLE POST!  shocked

Ava
   “Can you imagine it?”

“Um, what?” Aidan asks.

“If I wasn’t sick.” I simply say.
   “What do you mean?”
   “I mean, if I had been born healthy and on time, and never got sick at all in the first place. Wouldn’t that be magical?”

Judging by the look on his face, he has no idea what I am talking about.

“What if things were different?” I ask.
   What if things were different? I imagine life in impossible ways every night, but I’ve never told anyone.

What if I was a pirate, sailing the deep blue ocean, and battling while on a quest for amazing treasures?

Or a princess, locked up tight in a castle with a wicked step-mother and a father who has me up on a pedestal.

Or maybe a walrus, in the sea, trying not to be eaten by a shark or killer whale, while trying to get my fill of fish.
   What if I was a zookeeper’s daughter, and helped to feed lions and penguins every day?

I wonder what life would have been like if I were normal, and never been sick. I would go to school, and everyone would be happy. Would Aidan, born as my, and Tayelor’s savior, ever have been born? Or Ryan, born as a playmate for poor Aidan?
Maybe it’s best to put all these crazy dreams to rest.
   I tell Aidan of all my wonders, and he sheepishly admits to wondering about if I had never been born, how he’d wondered if he’d have been born sick, or healthy, how old he would be, and if he would never have seen a hospital in his life.
   Inside me I know, if it were not me who was ill, someone else would be.

I also knew that it would be Aidan.

Find me on moonlight <3
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2013, 06:51:40 pm »

Realized I hadn't posted it here, (Switching into past tense, hope I don’t bother anyone too much?, also, I'm actually changing Ryan's name to Kyle- that was what it was in the original writing, and it fits him better. )   

Aidan, 2010

“Don’t worry, Mrs. Clark, everything will be fine.” The nurse in blue reassured my mother.

Of course, the entirety of our family knew everything would be fine, and Ava didn’t look the slightest bit on edge, but it was standard procedure to let us know that they thought something terrible would happen- reverse psychology.
“We know,” Ava said, rolling her eyes.
Ava was a little braver, a little stronger, and a little smarter than your average twelve year old, but I guessed that was what it took to survive cancer for so long. She flashed me a toothy grin and scooted down from her bed. She didn’t seem anywhere near as fragile as the last time she was in the hospital- this time she could walk. I wouldn’t have been surprised if she had hit the ground running.

Isabella, 2010

As the sun shrunk back behind the moon I walked toward the door to Aidan’s bedroom. The door was open a crack, and when pushed it slid silently open. Aidan was facing away from the door, in his underpants.

“Hey buddy.”
   Clearly, I had startled him. He jumped out of his skin and turned to look at me. His face reddened and his eyebrows furrowed.
   “Mom!” He growled.

I giggled a little at his embarrassment, and he picked up a teddy bear off the ground and launched it at me. I shook my head and turned on the ball of my foot, walking into the hallway. He slammed the door shut in an effort to hide his blue whitey-tightys, and I stood just outside the door.
   “We’re watching Cars downstairs, if you want to come.” I informed him, and went off to the living room.
   In a few moments he joined us, now dressed in his pajamas rather than underwear, but still a little red-faced.

“Quit ruining the movie!” Tayelor grumbled at Kenny, who was sitting on the floor, pointing and shouting things like ‘Lightning was the real winner!’ and ‘Isn’t he a racecar or something, but they don’t know until later?’ in a mind effort to make Ava laugh.

Kenny waved off the comment and continued mumbling things just loud enough for everyone to hear.
   “We can hear you,” Alex offered, rolling his eyes.
   “Well then maybe you should plug your ears.” With that, Kenny fluffed Alex’s hair and leaned back against the couch.
   After the movie was done, we went through the routines; Putting Kyle down for the night,

Tucking Aidan in, and saying sweet dreams to Alex.

And last, giving Ava her last medications- mostly various painkillers to help her sleep through the night, and sometimes pills to make her fall asleep.
   “I don’t think I need the sleeping pills tonight, I’m really tired. I haven’t rested much.”
   Ava swallowed the pills in one big gulp and held her arm out so that I could give her a shot of morphine, as the doctor instructed. She was only supposed to get one if she was in a lot of pain, and ordinarily a patient wouldn’t even get that- but we’re so well known at the hospital, I’m sure they knew we could handle it. Outpatient care was hard on Ava, she was up and around all day, except for when she was in the outpatient care center of the hospital, receiving chemo.
   “Alright, up to bed. I’ll be there in a second, I’m gonna put on my pajamas first.”
   In her room, Ava was sitting up staring at the sign on the wall that said ‘It’s your day’- it was there everyday, but sometimes she didn’t notice, and sometimes she did.
   “What’re you looking at?”

She snapped out of her trance and looked at me. “Nothing, just thinking.”
   “I see,” I said, nearing her bed.
   “Mom, do you think it will ever really go away?”
   I had a feeling she wasn’t talking about the banner.
   “Well I think you know better than most what can happen when you have cancer, but sometimes people have it just as bad and it comes back just as many times- yet they somehow recover and live normal lives until they die of old age. It’s a crapshoot, you never know what you’re gonna get.” I explained.

She nodded, staring blankly at the wall. I imagined she was trying to picture herself as an old lady, but couldn’t. I knew enough about Ava to know that the thought had occurred to her many times; she was bound to die sometime, and probably sooner than most. She didn’t let on that she was scared though- if she was, she was far too good at hiding it.
   Finally, she said, “I guess you’re right.”
   “You just have to live life to the fullest and have fun while you’re around- however long that may be.”
   She nodded again, with a glassy look in her eyes.
   “You okay?” I asked.
   “Yeah, I’m fine. Just tired.”

“Well you should get some sleep,” I suggested.
   She smiled and laid down in her bed. “Goodnight, mom.”
   “Goodnight, Ava.”
   As I was about to leave her room, she mumbled, “I want to go outside tomorrow.”
   I shook my head, stifling a laugh. Normally, Ava wouldn’t be allowed outside. But with the weather permitting, and her feeling up to it, I would allow it. The odds of something happening were small, especially with the whole family close enough to help- most of which knew CPR, except for Kyle.
   With all of the kids sleeping, the house was calm. Rain pattered on the windows as I faded to sleep.

Find me on moonlight <3
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: