Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 04:54:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Two neighborhood and building questions  (Read 1818 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Olvidadiza

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2010, 10:30:23 am »

Hi! I think this post goes here  rolleyes

I have all expansion packs (original) and I have a problem while building a house:

- I can't construct it taking all the lot. The game advises me 3 squares before the end of the plot. This that normal? I can do anything to break the rule? Tongue I saw end buildings occupping all the zone... it's a mod, or a fix?

- The other thing is about the neighborhood. I want to change roads and grass from the general view of a original one, it's possible? I download a "Terrain Mod replacement" and I put it onto my download's folder, but I only have floors to change it...  huh I have to make a new neighborhood to see the replacement?

I hope you can understand me  rolleyes for first, and then help me ^^' kiss
Olvidadiza

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 08:45:23 am »

Pleasee Help!!  Cry
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 12:22:29 pm »

In answer to your first question-that's normal-a lot will not occupy all of the squares, and if you "break the rules" according to the game, it might not work if you save the lot and reuse it.
What I think you saw were "fake buildings" that were put on the NH view to make it look like the entire lot was occupied-when in fact it is not.

In answer to the second one-Terrain mods usually require 2 different sets of terrain changes-one of the floors for the front of the lots, another for the NH view, and ordinary flooring.
You should have a grass and road replacement terrain to replace that of the NH itself.

This is what I have in my DL folder for a medieval hood:

Dirtroad&grass Replacement terrain
8 floor tiles, all named "DirtRoad" (1-8)

This one is by Sunni9676 from MTS-she had one, and there's another few over there if you care to look for them.

miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 03:59:11 pm »

You can build on a larger lot and reduce the size with LotAdjuster http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=384656 by Mootilda.  This will let you get to within 1 square of the edge for walls parallel to the edge and right to the edge for walls perpendicular to the edge, allowing you to make row houses with 2 squares of "dead space" between them but enclosed by walls.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Olvidadiza

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 09:16:14 am »

Ok, catched! Thank you guys  Wink I'll try the LotAdjuster and I revised the folder
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: