Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 03:07:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Uploading a sim to the site.  (Read 5233 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BeSerenity

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2010, 02:44:53 pm »

I'm fairly new to this website..and I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out how to upload my custom created sims. I clicked "New Topic" under the specified gender of sim I wanted to upload but I didn't see where I could also upload the files with it. Can someone please give me a run-through of how to do all this if they have a chance? It would be very appreciated and I'd be eternally grateful!  Cheesy
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 03:06:02 pm »

When you click "New Topic", you'll see, at the bottom left side, "Additional Options". Click on that, and you'll be given the option to attach a file. If you want the forum thumbnail picture to show properly, attach the image file first, then click on "More attachments" and attach the file with your sim.

Note, you can only upload one image as an attachment. Any other images you want to share must be put in the body of your post and be hosted on the third party image host of your choice (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc). Please give full credit for any custom content you are including with your sim, including the name of the creator and and a link to the site it's from. A Clean Installer screen shot will work for this purpose if you can't remember the name of everyone and where you got it from. Also, please make sure you're not violating anyone TOU by including it with your sim, or using anything from TSR. Link to those items instead and, in the case of pay items, you may also link to the booty or any other site offering for free as long as you also include links to the original pay site it comes from.

Please don't hesitate to ask if there is anything else you're not sure of. Smiley I look forward to seeing your sim!

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
BeSerenity

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 04:02:49 pm »

Great! thank you for your help! One more question.. After I created my sim in the bodyshop, I clicked to package the sim. The clean installer came up so I used that, and when I tried to upload the file to my post it said I couldn't use the clean installer and I'm not sure how else to package the sim. If you could help me out again that would be wonderful. Thank you Smiley
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 04:05:06 pm »

Compress the sims2pack file into a zip or rar file and upload that. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
BeSerenity

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 04:07:43 pm »

Gotcha. Thank you so much! I appreciate your time!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: