Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 10:57:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pleasantview help?  (Read 2200 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« on: July 08, 2010, 05:31:14 pm »

By help, I mean, the whole neighborhood is gone- along with all the family's in it! (MY SELF SIM'S FAMILY!!!) I was playing and the power went out and BAM no 'hood... Help?  Sad There's still a n001 folder in my thing... should I yank and re-install? Or what?

Find me on moonlight <3
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 07:01:05 pm »

Are you sure you don't have any files in your NH folder? By that, I mean-character or lot files?

If you don't have any files in that folder, toss it out and do this, instead-go into your actual Drive C: where your actual game files are-under:

Program Files>EA Games>Sims2>TS Data>Res>User Data>Neighborhoods

You will find the original neighborhoods as they were shipped. (unless of course you have empty templates and if you do, hope you know where the originals are.)

Neighborhood 1 is Pleasantview
Neighborhood 2 is Strangetown
Neighborhood 3 is Veronaville

Sorry for your loss, but stuff happens!
Hope this helps..and you might want to in the future make backup copies of any hood you're playing in case the unthinkable happens again.

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 07:57:37 pm »

I had a backup,  but it's outdated... from when my self sim had only four kids... now I have six kids and... a lot of grandkids... Sad

Thanks anyways though!

Find me on moonlight <3
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 08:28:42 pm »

As the files are there, this is a good sign that the following might work.

1. Make a backup of the current N001.

2. Delete the folder in Neighborhoods, so that N001 is no longer there (but you have a backup elsewhere).

3. Fire up the game and make a new random hood. Doesn't matter what it is as you'll be getting rid of the files anyway. It should appear where Pleasantview used to be.

4. Exit the game and navigate back to the Neighborhoods folder.

5. Enter the new N001 (it will be there if you have the Pets EP).

6. Delete the contents of N001 but not the folder itself.

7. Copy all the files inside the backed up N001 and put them into the fresh N001 in Neighborhoods.

8. Fire up the game. The old Pleasantview should hopefully be back again.

This is all assuming you have Pets. If you don't have Pets, you will do the same thing but at 6 you will additionally rename the new folder (N004 or above) to N001. You then still delete the files inside and then put in the backed up files. The point here is to make a new hood that the game recognises and to try to make it recognise the old files by putting them in there instead. The most important part is NO OVERWRITING. Delete the files then copy and paste the replacements from backup.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 08:46:14 pm »

I have pets, but it's not installed as my cousin kidnapped it... but Thanks soo much!

Find me on moonlight <3
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 12:00:27 am »

It should work that way (ie. make an N001) if you have expansions that came after Pets. Pets simply changed the way new hoods are numbered and hopefully this change was carried on into newer expansions.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 09:52:25 am »

It did come up as 1, but it didn't work... so I threw it into my veronaville folder, and I'm gonna go try that.

Find me on moonlight <3
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: