Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:20:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help!! Apartment life wont install on computer!!  (Read 6310 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2010, 11:41:21 am »

Ive tried to install apartment life game after winning a copy from ebay as I foolishly sold the one I had a long time ago plus I had tog et a new computer again. most of the toher expansions installed with no problem. when I try to go to install this one the computer wont read it?? its not listed in my computer in the dvd drive or anything?? Im getting SOOO frustrated!!!! Its not a new copy its got a few light scratches on it. freetime had scratches too but installed fine. After looking around  online I see other people have this problem with this particular expansion they are all complaining but nobody offers any solution. Undecided Undecided
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 11:52:31 am »

It sounds like you have the Secu-Rom installed. Is your DVD drive not being displayed in your installed drives list? If it isn't you have the Secu_rom installed and will have to get it removed first.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 01:00:07 pm »

oh wow how on earth does someone not very techy remove that?  o.o I didnt realise it can affect installing a game. the game wont show up anywhere and doesnt show up in my computer on the D drive.
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 01:36:52 pm »

There were instructions posted here at one time. Secu-rom disables your DVD/CD drive from being able to record but in the process it also kills the drive from being usable at all.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 03:41:44 am »

All other EPS installed though even freetime just cant get this one to install. it is a bit scratched so maybe its the scratches?
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 07:43:08 am »

That may be the problem. That's the reason that I hate buying games from E-bay.
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 09:15:33 am »

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=61551
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: