Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 10:29:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I hate the Sims 3 and EA Should give up on it  (Read 7136 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
fraroc

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2010, 11:12:29 am »

Ever since I started having problems with The Sims 3 yesterday, It's made me realize somthing.All around the internet, people say how much of a good Game The Sims 3 is. They claim It's the best in the series. But what they dont tell you is how much OF A FLAWED,GLITCHY AND RUSHED game this is! First of all, Many people have problems with CC interfering with Expansions and Updates. Causing games to become corrupt. Custom Content is the thing that Made The sims 2 so popula rand such a good game. This is why TS2 has such a huge fanbase and now EA wants to stop 3rd party mods by making them incompatible with EPs and Updates causing games not to work. Also the RIDICULOUSLY HIGH system requirements. TS3 CAN NOT RUN ON MINIMUMS You gotta have OVER the System Requirments! , people dont realize this and Q&A websites have their gaming categories flooded with "I JUST BOUGHT THE SIMS 3 AND IT WONT WORK!!!! OMG WHY OMGWTFBBQ?Huh?Huh?Huh??? because of the high system requirements,Lack of CC support and Updates that corrupt games, people are complaining about random errors,crap graphics,locking up, and even bluescreens when playing TS3.

IMO, EA should totally give up on this Garbage fest and support The Sims 2 again.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 11:47:48 am »

I'll tell you something. I almost took a blood oath that I wasn't going to buy the game. But, I ended up buying a new computer and picked up the game and World Adventures. Got a really good deal on obth games.

I installed them and played for a bit. Then got all the updates that were avaliable at the time and started having problems. I got frustrated and uninstalled them.

About a week ago, I installed them again. Then I started investigating Custom Content. The file and folder structure was very confusing. In the end, I got the game working. My problem was, I forgot to overwrite a file.

Today, I'm slowly starting to recreate my Sims from my Sims 2 game.

Will I ever give up my Sims 2. Not on your life. I'll play around with Sims 3, that's about it.

Also, you might want to check and see if you got some kind of doll in your downloads. That causes crashes.  Be cafeful downloading Custom Content

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
baddboy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 07:23:01 am »

In some ways I'm kind of torn. I hate the Sims 2 Expansion Packs from Bon Voyage to Apartment Life due to SecuROM. There is no way that I'll install them on my new computer.

As for the Sims 3, the BASE Game gave us features like gardening and fishing. It took five expansion packs for the Sims 2 to get to that stage. It also gave us an open world where we could freely interact and visit neighbours houses.

The first expansion pack, World Adventures, also tried to be different instead of being another rehash of the Sims 2 Bon Voyage. It combined elements of role-playing games and enabled Sims to explore a number of tombs. Unfortunately, these could only be explored once and do not reset after one generation of your Sims has explored them.

Now, it seems that EA is rehasing elements of the Sims 1 Hot Date and Sims 2 University/Nightlife for the Sims 3: Late Night. I don't mind this, as long as they open up the rabbit holes like the Diner.

There are now utilities like 'Delphy's Dashboard' on Mod the Sims 2 that can detect and correct problems with corrupt Sims 3 custom content. Also, with the release of Ambitions your custom content can now be put in your My Documents folder and you no longer have to create a separate framework to install your Sims 3 Mods. (There's also a utility called 'Delphy's Monkey Bars on MTS2 that does that for you if you don't know how to do it.)

fraroc, I tend to agree with your comments on EA wating to stop 3rd party mods. Now that they have the Sims 3 Store I get the impression that EA only gives us half of the content with each Expansion pack and puts the rest in the store.

What EA should give up on is the lame idea of mini-challenges in each expansion pack and give us back the traditional open-style of play that we had in The Sims 2.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 04:55:02 pm by baddboy » Logged

Any time you predict failure you have an excellent chance of being right - Dexter Morgan (Jeff Lindsay)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: