Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 11:43:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Things you do with your sims?  (Read 6924 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mybeautifulparanoiax

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2010, 12:52:20 pm »

I get bored kind of easily, but I still want to play. So I'm wondering, what kinds of things do you guys do with your sims?
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 01:01:56 pm »

Its true it can be boring, waiting for inspiration is come and go.  I like to plan each sim once I've placed them in game, by using the happy helmet controller, it lets me choose the lifelong aspiration.  http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=233213 (this is where i got this)

Very useful when your stuck with a household that all want 50 first dates, lame.  Mostly I am yelling or laughing at them now because all the expansions past university are new to me. 

So setting up their careers are always first.  After that I may let them indulge on some romance, I have problems with commitment, even with my sims.

Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 01:05:36 pm »

Hmm... Gathering together all of my Grilled Cheese aspires and having a massive grilled cheese fest. Rocker

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Eliskuya in darkness

spinning around and around au au au!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 01:38:55 pm »

well for my simself I'll geart a Saix sim with a fart  Grin and same with the rest of the kingdom hearts cast  Wink
Cindra
California Girl

Fun, Fresh, Fierce!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 02:53:17 pm »

Making a family very disfunctional by creating their personalities and likes/dislikes to oppose each other.

For instance, I will have a female sim with blond hair married to a male sim whose turn-off is blonds and turn on is brunette, take them downtown together (where most likely a brunette will show up) and have the male sim flirt, wolf whistle ect at the brunette and watch the wifey go into a jealous rage. At that point I just let my sims live their life while I watch them and their crazy reactions.

It's all about your imagination. Just try to imagine then create and have fun. It can keep you entertained for hours on end with good custom content and/or mods. Well, that is my opinion anyway. Smiley

« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 01:05:48 pm by Cindra » Logged
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 08:22:20 pm »

There are Legacy games (see how many generations you can go) and TSR Challenges (start with a downloaded house or family and see if you can achieve a certain goal).

I've made it to 6 generations in a Legacy before the "cadet branches" became too numerous.  Now I know to make the extra Sims into Townies....

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
mybeautifulparanoiax

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 08:33:25 pm »

Where do you get the legacy's and such from? o-o
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 07:37:40 am »

Try 'legacy "the sims 2"' and 'challenge "the sims 2"' in Google. 

Here's an easy one to start with: http://www.davidchess.com/words/sims2_a/StcChallenge06.html
The TSR Challenges actually report your results back to the site for the glory board.  Start here: http://www.thesimsresource.com/programs/details/category//id/109

Rose/Miros
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 12:42:25 pm »

I usually do stories, or give them different medical backgrounds... it has proven to be very fun really. Photo shoots too.

Find me on moonlight <3
mybeautifulparanoiax

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 01:04:35 pm »

Do I need to download the Wizard manager to play the legacies?
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 03:48:33 pm »

No, Wizard Manager is only for the TSR Challenges.

If you're playing a challenge like "Sleeping Through College" or just seeing how many generations you can get from a legacy family, you don't need anything but the game.  Some challenges or special legacies may recommend or require a particular EP, but that will be specified in the rules.

Rose/Miros
thesimseverthing

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 09:13:14 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEtJVVgTPMc
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 10:26:10 am »

I've actually been creating storylines via photo albums.

I used to be a film maker and why I haven't made Sim movies is beyond me. I like story propping too much and I'm pretty anal about having things just right in the frame, so maybe that's why.

My poor Sims have no free will. They do whatever I tell them to do, whenever (the motives adjuster is great for control freaks like me).

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: