Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:49:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please some help!!  (Read 2802 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
thefrikking

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2010, 08:15:54 am »

Hello, I have a problem with the Sims 2, and I,m in despaaaaair...

Some days ago, I was playing the game with the last EP Mansion & Garden Stuff, and the games doesn`t load, it stop when the blue bar on the load screen is about to complete, and return to Windows. So after that, I uninstall all the EPs and the Sim 2 Megaluxe, and when reinstall the Sim Megaluxe, the game loads nice, but when enter in neighborhoods, all houses and lots appears in blue or black, no building and unable to select, all sims on family box don`t show up, in any cases only the faces with nothing else. In the make family screen even worse, is like Matrix, if try to make a sim, the game returns to Windows

I download all drivers I found for my grafic card, download Directx 9, uninstall and install several times, with no changes, and don`t know what else to do. I have an Acer portail PC with Windows 7 with a ati mobility raedon hd 5470 grafic card.

Thank you all!
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 09:45:46 am »

I've never heard of Megalux. Maybe I should go to the store more often.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
thefrikking

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 12:15:20 pm »

I`m talking about Sims 2 Deluxe, the original game version with the Nocturnal EP in the same disc. Here in Spain is called Megaluxe, sorry
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 06:25:24 pm »

Do you have any custom content or mods or hacks? This sounds most undoubtley like a graphics card problem, if all your houses are blue or black; perhaps your system just isn't up to par with the games requirements. One thing is for sure though, something is seriously wrong..
Prudensh

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 07:03:28 pm »

Radeon HD 5470 is an entry-level card for laptops. It's woefully insufficient for playing later releases such as M&G. You need to upgrade your system.
thefrikking

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 02:20:22 pm »

But why doesn`t work now? I was playing more a half year with M&G, and suddenly it brokes? Should I change the grafic card? I try download drivers for Ati page, and doesn`t change a thing...
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 03:00:01 pm »

she's right
Radeon HD 5470 is an entry-level card
, I use a ati radeon 5450 and with all expansions it puts my card to work.  Luckily I have updated the card (ati's actual website has an easy update finder for our card numbers) and the rest of my pc is top notch.  I didn't research my card before I built my machine.  Look again for an update, and check to make sure your card is staying cool enough. A half a year playing with the card already could have worn it out.

**also, when ever my houses or objects go blue or black, it usually due to a removed/missing  mesh or package from my downloads.  I had pink trees that would only sometimes show properly after loading.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: