Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 08:44:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not getting pregnant??  (Read 4950 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
twinklelilstar

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2010, 07:38:37 pm »

I started playing sims today, and the chime sounded that she is pregnant, but when I click on her to view her status (I have insim installed), it doesn't display she's pregnant. I tried clicking on the actual insimenator to see if that worked, to no avail. It only gave me 3 options (change # of babies, Change ID of Father, and Pregnancy details) When I clicked pregnancy details nothing popped on the right side of the screen like usual. I have tried this on other lots, to see if it was simply her character file being corrupted, but it's the same thing. I if attempt to impregnate her manually through the insim, the same result occurs and shows only those 3 options. It's like there's a pregnancy block! >.<

I have checked for mod conflicts. Insim and Inteen are the only 2 mods in my game and I haven't installed anything besides clothing recently, which I have already cleared from my game in an effort to solve this. A couple weeks ago it was fine! I have AL, NL, and Seasons. I had Pets (up until 5 minutes ago) but it has caused problems before and I uninstalled it. I have had both mods installed for months, and I haven't changed anything major since I last played. ANY advice is appreciated and thanks in advance(:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:45:29 pm by twinklelilstar » Logged

"You said forever, who knew forever was so short?"

Anju's story
Sim Pictures!

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 08:03:47 pm »

Well, we host Insim but don't offer support for it, nor do we support Inteen at all. As we state here, the Insimenator mod is 'use at your own risk" mod since it's not under development and isn't being updated. The only advice we can give for those mods is to take them out, though you could ask for help at Simbology for Inteen, where it's hosted.

Now, are you sure you have no other mods? If you have the Pregnancy Wear Anything mod it will let you wear anything, even if the clothes aren't pregnancy enabled. This means, if she's wearing clothes like that she'll still be pregnant, but won't show until you change her into clothing that are maternity enabled.

Also, if you are at all in the habit of downloading houses, it's possible for mods to sneak in with lots, without the knowledge of the person who packaged the house.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
twinklelilstar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 08:11:35 pm »

I know you don't offer support, since it's been stable for so long, but I didn't know if anyone had had this same problem. I can understand if there's not much you can do here haha I suppose I'll try to take them out, but I did re-download both of the mods earlier today, to see if I had accidentally deleted something.

The only other thing that popped up as a 'mod' (I have clean installer) was delphy's inteen pregnancy controller fixes, which I deleted, then restored once I figured out that wasn't the problem Tongue Also, all of my clothes I have include a pregnancy morph, so I know she's not just 'not showing' ):

I haven't downloaded a house in ages, so I know it's not that.

Thanks so far though!(:

Anju's story
Sim Pictures!

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 08:15:13 pm »

The only other thing I can think of suggesting is removing your entire Downloads folder and seeing if she shows then. If so, then you have something in there breaking it and will have to track it down.

twinklelilstar

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 08:18:16 pm »

I was afraid you'd say that ):

I just went to pleasantview, and randomly chose a family (the pleasants) and tried to get the wife pregnant. She did and it's perfectly fine! >.< Now I'm even MORE confused. It still won't work in the other neighborhood though.

Anju's story
Sim Pictures!

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 08:35:39 pm »

Then it could be something on the actual lot (either a bad piece of cc or the lot itself is corrupted somehow - it happens). Maybe try moving them into another house on a different lot.

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 09:09:08 pm »

Sometimes, though, when using the InSim mod, you have to wait half a day before their status shows as pregnant. Not sure if this is one of those cases or not.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 06:53:17 pm »

For me, it sometimes takes 1-2 sim hours, maybe even more, for the pregnancy details to show when checking with the insimenator mod. Try waiting for a bit, and see.

Also, the sim must be a resident of the house. They can get pregnant, but they have to live there (not just be selectable) to start showing and actually have the baby.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
twinklelilstar

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 07:39:45 pm »

It might have been because she was just made selectable, because everything else ended up working. In any case, I became annoyed and tried to just replace her sim with another using simPE, and now my simPE won't load the sim surgery. so YAY! >.<

Anju's story
Sim Pictures!

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 09:28:38 am »

Hello

I would suggest you take a look at this thread.

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=b20a90b8e18011f055f0bf4df18f63b5&topic=110203.0

I had the exact same problem and narrowed it down to a corrupted lot. I also noticed the issue after putting merolas time control clock in my downloads folder. If you have recentley downloaded a lot and just now noticed it then, it would probably be wise to take that lot out, and also the family as lots and sims can become corrupted. Hope I helped.
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 10:51:52 am »

Do you know that for awhile InTeen was not going to be updated after... Pets, was it? But alas, it was finally updated, I believe, all the way through to AL. You might want to check that update, if you didn't already. That was one of the reasons I was holding back on getting AL for awhile.

I am not sure, however, on the InSIM and how it works with Seasons and beyond. I have gotten so reliant on InSIM in my game, I'd rather deal without the expansions than to be without InSIM altogether.

I agree with Paden, too. It might take a little time to show up.

My only issue is sometimes using both mods to manipulate her pregnancy. When I get her pregnant with one and then abort using either the same mod or another (not sure which), it confuses her to the point when I abort, she still walks around like she's carrying a bun in the oven. It's really weird and I'm not really sure why that happens or how it seems to correct, but oh well.

At any rate, I hope you can find a way to keep both. They are great mods.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 10:57:06 am by kinnika » Logged

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
twinklelilstar

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 05:04:56 pm »

Not sure how I fixed it, or it was a combination of things, but it's working perfect now! Thanks for all your guys' help![:

Anju's story
Sim Pictures!

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 09:03:34 am »

You can get Sim Blender from Simbology that has an option to check the status information on your Sim's pregnancy. That one will report immediately whether your Sim is pregnant or not as well the number of babies, the father's name and how long she/he has been pregnant. Plus other options to suspend, speed up or terminate the pregnancy. You can even check your pet's pregnancy information too.

Inteen had been updated for AL a long time ago and works with MG.

Any Inteen or ACR question needs to be posted to Simbology instead of here. They can provide better support and help there.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: