Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:18:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VTM tattoos for Ambitions- Actual Tattoo, not assesory!  (Read 13665 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tigeress Kitten

I is innocent, see my wings?Ok, so i lost the halo

View Profile WWW
« on: July 30, 2010, 10:13:05 am »

First thanks to CmarNYC @ Mod The Sims for the Tattooinator and also for the tutorial on using gimp with the Tattooinator. It was a simple to follow and use program and I see myself getting lots of use from it since I like the idea of making my own tattoos for my game.

Now for what I actually did...

A answer to a request http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,110711.0.html

I dont actually play VTM so I didn't bother doing all of them yet. If anyone wants the other ones just let me know and I will make them and post them back on this thread post. Im actually working on making some tattoos from Sherrilyn Kenyon's books although I wrote in to ask permishion first so I dont know if I can post or when I will get a reply. I guess thats ok though cause Im struggling with Nicks sighn. Although I have Ash's for myself already.

Picts of the VTM stuff... only looks pixilated if you zoom in Really really close to the biggest size, I dont use the smallest size setting in game cause then you lose a lot of the detail and it becomes a bit of a shaped blob although I guess that can be good if you want it to look like a shaped birth mark or something but you can go fairly small with the tattoos and them still have some detail. Most (not all) of the tattoos have a bit of an outline to them so you can say have a black outline to a gold/yellow crown.

Unfortunatly on the mask I put the outline on the wrong side so even though its enabled like the other ones it only goes one color at a time instead of having the neat outline option. Im just learning how to play with gimp and making tattoos though so eh... Hope you like. Might want to grab it while you have the chance... I tend to forget my free file share untill they drop my stuff (although they keep my account for some reason). But no worries, I always come back and reload my account. Infact I need to work on reuploading my sims 2 houses  or did I upload them to the site cause it was before I got a file share? hummm... cant remember *sigh* why is it that every time you do something you end up finding a dozen more things that need to be done?

links have the file name on them and the file names are the Clan Tattoo they are so you can pick and choose if you want. Will post discription of what is what looks wise for those like me who might not play VTM but might like the tattoos.

More to come, this is just what I got done at the moment. The G one was a bit difficult, I did the best I could with the pict I had but it didnt turn out how I wanted. Thankfully the detail still looks good so I decided it was done. Mabey once I get more experience I will hunt up a better pict and try it again. Till then, it has several diffrent colors I used so you can use a variation of colors to bring out the detail more. Or you can use black, grey, and white to make it more of a actual black and white one. I dont recomend all black though cause you might end up blending all the details together and making it blah.

Download is in the next post-

* VTMTattooScreenshots.jpg (256.07 KB, 600x600 - viewed 33396 times.)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 10:11:49 am by Tigeress Kitten » Logged
Tigeress Kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 10:22:27 am »

Downloads

Lasombra Clan Tattoo-(CROWN)

Nosfeatu Clan Tattoo-(MASK)

Tremere Clan Tattoo-(One with the square in it)

Giovanni Clan Tattoo- (Decorative G)

Ravnos Clan Tattoo- (Cross)

Ventrue Clan Tattoo- (Sceptre)

« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 10:10:08 am by Tigeress Kitten » Logged
clowlord

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 01:33:21 pm »

wow thank youuuuuuuuuu

The one with the square is for the Tremere clan
The one of a crown is for the Lasombra clan
The one as a mask is for the Nosferatu clan

Thanks a lot tigeress kitten
Tigeress Kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 01:00:56 pm »

Going to take a little longer than I thought to get the last few done... seems like you learn something well and then the next one makes an idiot of me. But its ok, things are getting done. I just have to play with some of the picts more than others. Till then theirs a couple more for you to download if you havent yet seen my revised post.
Tigeress Kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 02:39:16 pm »

Sparky just showed me how to improve the quality of the picts I been using in gimp for the tattoos so Im not only working on them but Im going to end up redoing the ones I already did in the hopes of better quality in game.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 04:28:32 pm »

When you get it down to a science, write a tutorial!

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Tigeress Kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 08:13:47 am »

Actually Im using the Tattooinator http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=410592 and they have a gimp tutorial thats simple to follow... but the issue is I havent played with gimp much beyound sizing a pict so I had no idea how to do anything about the quality of the pictures I was using for the tattoos dispite getting decent at the process of making the tattoos with the tattooinator. But sparky figured it out so now Im trying to make them look better so when you actually get in game they look decent. Havent double checked it yet though cause I spent the other day mostly resizing and fixing the quality of the picts and didnt actually work the tattoo end yet and get in game. Sometime this weekend I will try to at lease get one of them done, double check quality and then if it turns out good I will continue with the rest. I also spent the day looking for pictures of tattoos and tattoo flash in the hopes of eventually doing some later.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 08:09:13 pm »

I meant a start to finish tute with Gimp and Tatooinator both.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: