Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:50:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Geneticized eyes?  (Read 2737 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
stryeyeddrmr

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2010, 08:21:30 am »

http://community.livejournal.com/wella_creations/39544.html

These eyes are geneticized, which I guess means they show only in new sims because they don't show up in create-a-sim eye section. I would really like to be able to click them like Yumedust's original ones. Is there a way to do this?

Sims 2 expansions: $20 New ram for cc: $ 60 Escaping to another reality to the point of addiction: Priceless
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 12:00:14 pm »

No, geneticizing eyes, hair or skintones has nothing to do with how or if they show up in CAS. See, EA has assigned a genetic value of 1 through 4 to genetics in the game to tell it how recessive or dominant a hair, skin or eye colour is. Custom genetics, without this value, will automatically be dominant. So, if you have one sim with non-geneticized custom eyes and a sim with default or Maxis eyes, the custom eye will be dominant and all children will most likely have the custom eye colour. Adding the genetic value to it allows it to be added to the genetic pool.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't show up in CAS, unless you somehow didn't extract them properly to your Downloads folder. 

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
stryeyeddrmr

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 07:53:42 pm »

I think I did. I have a lot of different eye colors from various creators that have all shown up, so I'm not sure huh

Sims 2 expansions: $20 New ram for cc: $ 60 Escaping to another reality to the point of addiction: Priceless
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: