Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 06:29:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 20 minutes for Sims3 to start...  (Read 10055 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
illuminati

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2010, 11:49:19 am »

I start the Sims 3, I choose city and then it loads for about 20 minutes...
What should I do?
Annweranns

Imagination: Everything; Yet Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 12:33:12 pm »

Mine does too, It is probably loading new cc that wasn't there before? Mine is way faster when I haven't downloaded since the last time.

Imagination: Everything; Yet Nothing
illuminati

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 12:34:19 pm »

:/
inrchsimmer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 06:58:59 pm »

Same here, only less than twenty minutes. The length seems to be proportional to the size of the save. It takes around twelve minutes for a 110MB town with three world-based vacation properties. Then about six minutes for a large family, 40MB or so in size, and the standard four minutes for every other town I play.

When loading a town, the progress bar gets stuck at the very beginning and stays there hogging CPU for roughly nine minutes. Process Monitor shows the game to call open and then close the JazzData.package, which is when it stalls while using 99% of CPU. After some nine minutes pass, the game starts reading .package files again and loading up RAM, which is the normal or at least the expected behaviour. I also noticed the same pause occurs when loading a vacation land. The game opens and closes UI.package and stalls, doing nothing but extreme computing processes for a while before loading the rest.

Most often lenghty loading times can be attributed to bad custom content .package files, however the behaviour is different in that it would stall while performing disk activity and would show the game executable to be reading this bad .package thousands of times, thus creating the slow load.
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 07:16:37 pm »

Could be a problem with your system specs as well. Having a computer that's at, or beneath, the minimum requirements can cause dramatically longer load times. Since you didn't really give us any details, we can't give you much help.

What are your system specs?
Do you have any EPs?
How much CC are you running? 

...you get the idea.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
inrchsimmer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 10:49:07 pm »

As for specifications and game set-up, it's a full TS3, World Adventures, Hi-End Loft and Ambitions game in a notebook with Core Duo T7500 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, NVidia 8600M GT (512MB), WinXP Pro 32bit. I know I should install the 64bit version of the operative system but I still fear equipment/driver incompatibilities. Regarding custom content, the game is loaded with Awesomemod and Nraas Master Controller, ten extra body sliders, two vehicles, a pair of window collections from MTS and realistic skins. The Mods folder totals 59 objects including the mods, at around 120MB in size.

The delays were incremental as the town grew older and the family lot larger/more cluttered, which is why I didn't think much of it, but then again I haven't found more people experiencing the same issue except when it's an obvious mod/package problem, so when finally reading about someone having something similar I decided to put this forth.
illuminati

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 03:42:26 am »

I have NO IDEA what the problem is. Im using Windows 7. Sims3pack files works fine...but when I put a .package file in Documents>Electronic Arts>Mods>Package it runs so goddamn slow....I have the second latest version of Sims3 and I have Ambitions and World Adventures...I really really want to use mods though...its just not the same without them.
inrchsimmer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 08:47:56 am »

Illuminati, you've solved your problem already. If removing the .package file makes the game run normal, then it's that .package that's causing an incompatibility. Lucky you, 'cause I still can't find out if my game is uniquely doomed or if it's normal for this to happen in low-end equipment.
illuminati

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 11:30:33 am »

No thats not the problem. The problem is that I can't have any .package files at all!
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 12:12:49 pm »

Have you tried deleting the cache files?

I only have up to World Adventures and my game loads up in a few minutes. I have some Custom Content. About 500MB worth. No Mods or Sliders. Just Sims 3 packs and package files.

Did you double check to see if your Resource.cong file is right? I know when a ne EP/SP comes out, it changes.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
illuminati

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 12:34:22 pm »

I tried deleting the cache files. Doesn't work.

Hm..I downlaoded my resource file from MTS2, in some tutorial(I think its called "Old way to the new way")..so I have no idea.
KandyDiva09
Hola

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 10:40:13 am »

If the problem is bad cc, then I'd download Delphy's Dashboard over at MTS. It helped me a lot, when my game took forever to load. Or you could also try combining your .package files. If none of that works you should check if you have your .packages in correct placement. --> http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files

I hope I helped.  Undecided
illuminati

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 11:11:16 am »

*sigh*
I've already tried all that...it doesn't work. I have no idea what Im doing wrong.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 11:20:30 am »

Did you over-write that one .dll file?

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
illuminati

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 04:47:42 pm »

o.O What .dll file?...
Pages: [1] 2
  Print