Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:01:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Nightlife garage and tutorial  (Read 30020 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
steveuk

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2005, 07:43:37 am »

Hi everyone

My copy of Nightlife arrived today.  I saw on MTS2 that some people were having problems placing a garage so my advice would be to place the drive first before building your house.  I have attached a few screenshots to show you the garage position on a 2x2 lot.
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 07:47:35 am »

hhhmm the pictures aren't showing for me
steveuk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 07:58:46 am »

lol...this happened to me before :lol:

* garage_drive_2x2_156.jpg (70.08 KB, 600x450 - viewed 1817 times.)

* side_view_191.jpg (71.61 KB, 600x450 - viewed 1895 times.)
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 08:13:09 am »

Cool thanks Steve
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 11:14:35 am »

That's so cool you can finally see your neighbors now.

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
Sim2Kid405

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 12:39:51 pm »

Oh yes and I enable the enlargest view it can go, its so kewl, like having a real life neighborhoods

Who\'s your daddy Sims
steveuk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 11:40:45 pm »

Quote from: jomikki
as long as the driveway is not touching anything it will place.  you can add everything after.  i worked it out after many hours.  the extension must join the end of the driveway and if you want a garage you have to build a wall betweent the extention and the driveway. then add the door.  it will work. eventually.

I normally place the door first but I guess both ways work.  Have you been able to place a drive on the right hand side of the lot?  The few lots I have been adding a drive too only let you put it on the left side.  I think this is because there is a run up and turn area.  It looks like you will have to place any right sided drives quite away from the edge of the lot which means losing a fair amount of space.
maniac19642003
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 01:06:22 am »

Reposting since I still need help after reading something else about the cars lol.

I finally got my garage built, after a few minutes of getting mad lol, but now I cant find the downloaded car from maxis and I've started my game a couple times now since installing it like it said to do so my question for those who have downloaded this car from Sim2Kid405 on this board, where exactly do you find this new car? I looked at the cars in the game already and I dont see it there wit those ones from maxis. :?

EDIT: I found the downloaded car, it was in the MISC section in the buy mode.
CharleeRose

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 08:09:49 am »

I'm having an issue with building a garage that has me about to rip my hair out! Maybe one of you have some ideas since I can't seem to get my EA Support question to go through because their stupid support loggin screen isn't coming up for me.

Ok enough whinning. Here goes:

I'm trying to build an attached garage on a house with a basement and the game will not let me build walls right up to the foundation (at any angle... which doesn't make much sense to me if you don't have floor tiles placed) nor will it allow me to  build walls on a slope (as is expected).

Has anyone found a way to do this?  If so please have mercy on me, I won't ever get out of build mode if I don't figure this out.  And you don't have to tell me, I already know I'm too stuborn to live. lol

The mind is the only edge tool that sharpens with each use.
steveuk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2005, 07:47:36 pm »

I found that you do not seem to be able to place foundations next to the garage driveway.  There maybe a way around this but for now if you want an intregal garage, I guess foundations are out.
CharleeRose

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2005, 07:49:15 pm »

Yeah it seems so, I've tried every way I can possibly think of (including keeping the actually driveway several spaces away from the foundation and attempting to connect walls in eveery way and it was a total no go. :(

The mind is the only edge tool that sharpens with each use.
ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2005, 02:42:52 am »

I read on another board that according to a Maxoid, diveways cannot be placed while the move_objects on cheat is on.

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
steveuk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2005, 03:11:35 am »

Quote from: ilikefishfood
I read on another board that according to a Maxoid, diveways cannot be placed while the move_objects on cheat is on.

Thats correct  :wink:
steveuk

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005, 06:08:45 pm »

I was working on an easy tutorial for building garages lower than terrain height for 'Nightlife' (see pic).
Looking around earlier I noticed that one or two already exist.  If you think my tutorial would be helpful to anyone, let me know and I'll try to finish it before my Holland trip. :wink:

The house is unfinished so please no comments on 'what a lousy builder'  :lol:

* snapshot_00000005_7040becf_159.jpg (75.75 KB, 600x450 - viewed 1771 times.)
maniac19642003
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2005, 06:12:45 pm »

That looks good Steve. I saw a tute over at mikeinside's site for this as well, but never tried it myself.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: