Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:16:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: *sigh* want to play TS3-but want good graphics  (Read 5008 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Foxybaby

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2010, 07:28:17 am »

Hi Peeps

I not the most PC illiterate person about, but I don't know enough about this. Sooo, if any of you experts would like to help me, it would be much appreciated. I want to play TS3 but my PC just can't handle it on high graphics-I have 3GB ram, IP4 & Radeon X600 card. So it meets minimum, but it looks poo. I've seen other peoples pics from the game and they look amazing and I'm jealous! So looking at a new PC and it has this:

Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 860 (2.80GHz, 8MB) with a 1.8GB NVidia GeForce GTX 260 and 6GB (1333Mhz) DDR3 Dual channel memory

Would that make it look all clear and sparkly like other peoples?

Thankies in advance

uknortherner2k

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 05:51:55 pm »

You've probably already bought your PC by now, but those specs are more than enough for TS3 (I'm running an Intel i3 3.2GHz CPU, 4GB DDR3 RAM and an nVidia GTS250 with all the shinies on), but to make the game look even nicer even when everything's maxed out, you'll need to go into your nVidia Control Panel and change these settings for ts3.exe:

Anisotropic filtering - 16x (this will keep the textures sharp no matter how far away a sim, object or ground texture is from the camera)
Antialiasing - Gamma correction - On
Antialiasing mode - Enhance the application setting
Antialiasing setting - 16x
Texture filtering - Anisotropic sample optimisation - Off
Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias - Off
Texture filtering - Quality - High quality
Texture filtering - Trilinear optimisation - Off
Threaded optimisation - On
Triple buffering - On
Vertical sync - Force on

The last two are important to stop your card from overheating, because the game rather stupidly does not lock FPS to the display's refresh rate and will happily let your card churn out hundreds of frames a second until it burns a hole in your PC.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: