Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 06:39:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: sims life and castaway stories donwloads needed!  (Read 4781 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
joseo

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2010, 01:57:51 pm »

i can faund it i need some!!! if no downloads please made it plz
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 02:39:26 pm »

I know that some of the regular sims 2 stuff can be used together with Castaway, since I've tried to.

Hairs and default infant outfits are what I tried, and they both worked.

Mods might not be a good idea, though. Some mods might work, but as far as I can remember, the insimenator mod made things go a bit crazy. Furniture might work, but I've not tried. The best thing is to do some test runs with different types of downloads (without saving!!!) to see what works and what doesn't.

I can't remember to have seen downloads especially for castaway/life stories, though.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Jennifer32

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 03:13:20 pm »

All i really want to use is defalt skins and eyes but where do you put them in sims life stories
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 05:38:34 pm »

Never having been interested in those games, I never bothered to find out. Wouldn't they have something similar to the Downloads folder that you find in the Sims 2 game, though? Just asking.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 06:29:41 pm »

[your user name] --> Documents -->  cool Electronic Arts --> TheSims Castaway Stories --> Downloads

That's with Vista. It's basically the same path as for The Sims 2 (everything up to the smilie). Not sure if you have to make the Downloads folder yourself, but make sure it is spelled that way.

Default replacement eyes and skins should work fine. I've got my regular defaults in, as I'm not very fond of Maxis...

Not sure about sub-folders, though.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 09:27:56 pm »

You can use subfolders. I'm not sure how deep but I when I was playing LS, PS and CS subfoldering definitely worked.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: