Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 05:31:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Disappearing Impresso Espress -o- Matic  (Read 1920 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Lady Aran

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2010, 01:59:54 am »

I'm currently playing four young adult male sims at Sim State University. About a day or so ago, I sent them to a community lot (The Campus Lounge) and noticed something strange. The lot's Impresso Espress-o-Matic object was gone; there were just two commercial style counters on either side of where the object was supposed to be. Stumped, I sent the sims back to their dorm and then opened the same community lot to edit it. In the Community Lot appliances section, the Espresso machine thumbnail wasn't even there, either. I checked every object category, and still couldn't find it. However, when I ran SimPE and looked at the objects section, the Impresso Espress-o-Matic was indeed there. For some reason, it's not appearing in the game. Now, prior to discovering that it was missing, I did create a custom major and custom career for my four college boys. But I did follow the instructions EXACTLY. I also created my four sims in Body Shop. I'm truly stumped as to what to do. Help would be greatly appreciated Smiley
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 06:23:55 am »

Take out your custom career and custom major and see if it shows up. If it does, then you'll know it's overwriting the espresso machine.

Make sure you get seperate GUID's for the custom career and major.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Lady Aran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 06:35:32 pm »

Thank you. I'll try that and post my results Smiley

**UPDATE**

OK, I tried taking both the custom major and career out of my Downloads folder, tested the game, and the object still isn't there. After that, I decided to try uninstalling Uni (I backed up my files first, of course) and then re-installed it; the object is still missing. I'm going to look through the most recent Custom Content I've downloaded and see if maybe that's the problem. I will keep you posted.

**UPDATE 2**

Well, I checked my most recent CC and that doesn't seem to be the problem either. I'm at a complete loss. In the meantime, I've substituted the espresso cart for the regular self-serve espresso machine on community lots.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 10:53:18 pm by Lady Aran » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: