Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 06:58:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF: Matrix male hair[FOUND!!] and Neo's cassock [STILL LOOKING!]  (Read 13371 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
hktpublic

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2010, 01:34:55 pm »

Neo's hair from the Matrix trilogy. That's the one I want for now, but all the sober hairs  for men by maxis look too geeky or boring. Normal people don't either have their hair pasted on to their foreheads or poufed up like Elvis, Maxis! Some actually do this!
Reference pics:

I hope these are enough to identify the hair. Also the cassock-like garment that Neo wears, any reasonable approximation to it (hopefully, in black) would be highly appreciated! [I've been through all sorts of religious wear for Sims , but most are recolours of the Maxis trenchcoat (such as Don Abbondio from VitaSims)]

I've also been looking for sunglasses from the Matrix series, but I guess this is already asking too much from all of you...

« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 12:02:16 pm by hktpublic » Logged
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 03:19:00 pm »

Nouk has a male hair called, Sport It Short, that works pretty good.

This would be an example of the, Sport It Short hairstyle.

Here's a Neo, that has just about everything you're looking for.

The link for the glasses.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 03:28:53 pm by EKozski » Logged

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
hktpublic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 01:01:36 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply, EKozki!

I've seen that Neo on MTS - but I never noticed that he was actually wearing the cassock thing...I must be getting old. Though those glasses and that hair in the MTS download would never work. The cassock is the right texture but looks like yet another trenchcoat recolor. If you notice the cassock has a slight billow at the bottom, which distinguishes it from the regular trench coat, and its buttoned up top, with a closed neck.

I have the glasses from the link you suggested, but you must've guessed by now, I'm too damn picky. Those glasses are the right color and reflection, but not the shape, and as any sunglass geek would tell you, its equally about the shape.

This is what Neo wore in the first movie.

looks amateurish compared to some of the other stuff he wore later, but was cool in the first movie. NOT what i want. *heh*

This is from The Matrix Reloaded

My favorite. 'Nuff said. THIS is waht I want, actually.

This is from The Matrix Revolutions

makes him look sad I think - maybe cuz he dies, I suppose? Would be a reasonable substitute.

As you can see ....these three are quite hard to find Sad

Nouk's hair looks workable, but the pic doesn't show the back of the head, and if that's not short and neat at the back, that wouldn't work. Basically I'd say this hair is what you get with a basic combing, nothing fancy at all.

In short... I'm looking for glasses/hair/cassock which are closer to the original, I'm working on replicating his look from the sequels, so that makes it harder... Thanks again for the suggestions! Smiley
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 01:55:47 pm »

The Nouk hair is perfect for Neo, it is a clean style with a very well-kept shape. I use it quite a good deal in my games, and it gives a well-groomed appearance.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
hktpublic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 01:31:13 pm »

I've collected "Sport it Short', and a few other candidates for Neo's hair.. will post the final results once I can check them in-game... I also stumbled across some other neatly done hairs for men, so I'll be sure to post those names here.

Meanwhile, it'd be great if someone could point me to a great place for sleek eyeglasses like in the matrix. I've seen a lot of Aviators and Raybans and Really huge designer glasses, but this category is rare, I guess. The in-game ones are very poor substitutes. So let me know if someone knows a good place for those. Thanks again...
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 09:50:40 pm »

Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but here are a couple of glasses/shades that might work for you:

http://forums.modthesims.info/download.php?t=244617

http://forums.modthesims.info/download.php?t=267534 

hktpublic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 10:17:09 am »

Thanks so much, tenshii.. I already have the Doom 3 sunglasses, I picked them up for Smith, since I am positive no one will ever make these delectable octagons for the Sims 2.

But, that other link was quite useful. I hope others will contribute to this thread, if they know of other places where we can find cool sunglasses ( and good ole cassock *sigh*) for Sims 2. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 12:28:02 pm by hktpublic » Logged
hktpublic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 12:32:44 pm »

In the course of my search I found the "Hollywood Executive" hair from Simsconnection. The mesh is hosted over at SapphireSims. And it's perfect, except Google can't seem to find any good retextures of the mesh...or even another copy of the mesh. I also checked the booty, but no luck there...
Would any of you know, by any chance?
hktpublic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 11:58:13 am »

Stroke of luck, I found this hair on the WCIF forum, which will do pretty nicely, so I'm changing the hair status to FOUND . Thanks a lot all! Jump [Self-Paden-ed for smiley profusion]

It's the Helga96 mesh f2m conversion by drpixelfan and its retextures.

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,110686.msg1602711.html#msg1602711
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 01:44:38 pm »

Hey, don't single me out for editing posts, the other admins and staff do it as well. Don't like it? Then keep it to a minimum, m'kay?

<sneaky admin edit for no actual reason. I know, I know: I'm such a smartass. *grins*>
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 04:21:31 pm by Jenna » Logged

hktpublic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 09:43:00 am »

Not singled out on purpose lol you just had the spotlight on you when you 'curbed my enthusiasm'. Don't you just love newbie attention?  Evil
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 11:08:25 am »

Not especially, some of them I use the rolled-up newspaper of DOOM on.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: