Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 01:16:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [TS2] Vampire neighbor & apartment  (Read 2240 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
RedMist

View Profile WWW
« on: August 17, 2010, 10:10:46 pm »

Hi,

I'd like to know what happened in an apartment lot when the neighbors are vampires.

Do they live during the day like normal sims and will they die under the sun ?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:42:05 am by RedMist » Logged
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 08:56:25 am »

My area of expertise! I play vampires very very often in Sims 2. If they live on the apartment lots, they can die from the sunlight if they venture outside into the commons. They sometimes walk home from work or somewhere else, and if it was during the daytime, that can be bad too.

Vampires generally need to stay inside to avoid the sunlight, but if they live on the apartment lots as "townies", they are beyond your control to be sent back inside. Or if you play several custom families, the others are treated as "townies" until you switch to another family on the same lot to play. This might not be good.

However, if you're concerned about them wandering around during the daytime while you're playing a different family on the apartment lot, you can grab Carrigon's Daytime Vampire Hack. She stated in one post related to this mod that it worked with AL/MG. There's two versions, one with OFB and one without OFB. That might be your cup of tea to keep the vampires from dying on the apartment lot.

You can also look into Pescado's Apartment Hack where it moves the "Rent Hour" from around 12 PM (noon) to around 8 PM when it gets dark so the vampires can go out to the mailbox to send their rent money in. It also prevents the Sims from coming outside to stand for hours and do nothing.

If you plan to put vampires into their own apartment lots, make sure they have coffins to go to sleep in.

Anything else you need to know about?

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
RedMist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 07:23:02 pm »

Nothing else, you gave me the answer that I was looking for.

So vampires shouldn't live in apartment without a mod.
With the Carrigon mod, I'm sad turn them all into vampires like the ones from Twilight.

I won't use the Pescado's mod because there are too much conflicts with Inge's AL fixes and twojeffs' mods

I thought to request for a mod too but you gave me an alternative way.

Thanks for your help !
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 05:01:40 am by RedMist » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: