Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 02:59:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Infant cathegories other than girl (+ a problem)  (Read 2772 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« on: August 18, 2010, 09:32:30 am »

Since Chris Hatch did the "impossible" and made girl outfits for infants, I started wondering if an idea I've had for quite a while now could actually work - namely making "overrides" for underwear, outerwear, PJs and Formal (possibly also naked, in the case of animal-ish meshes with tails and such, possibly also swim - I've got some beach/swim outfits for them already).

It is possible to change their outfit to these ingame by using the insim wardrobe adjuster, even though all that comes up is the everyday outfit. If you change their outfit to naked, however, they show up naked (like when they're being bathed or have their diaper changed). So in theory this could be possible.

I've already tried to change the naked mesh, and even though I couldn't figure out how to add a working texture to it, I found it very usable together with a skintone changer - especially in combination with the normal overrides, which works separately from the skintone changer (with one boy and one girl "everyday" mesh plus invisible textures, there are a bunch of options already. I really have to figure out how to make several infant skintone changers work ingame at the same time...).

I'm a noob when it comes to modding like this, but maybe someone else has some ideas for how this could be possible. I would love to have an even wider array of outfits for the babies, especially if they could somehow be changed ingame - either something similar to the wardrobe adjuster, or a separate mod of some sort (not thinking about the infant skintone/outfit changers). I wouldn't mind if it was only one outfit for each gender per cathegory, since this would be a huge improvement in any case. Using a skintone changer and separate meshes for the cathegories, or even some custom mod that only changes the override texture, the possibilities would be almost infinite.

I would have done it myself if I knew how to, but my knowledge of SimPE is limited. I know how to do changes to toddler outfits and above (gender, cathegory, linking new meshes, and other not so advanced things that I can find tutorials for), but not how to make this work for infant outfits. If I knew, I would already have done it years ago...

I'm more than willing to learn how to do it myself, but I could really need suggestions on how to do it.

I would also love to know if it's possible to do similar changes to the infant hair as to the girl outfits. My infant boys just don't look good in bows... and maybe there could be a way to get the right hair colors ingame, too? Their eyebrows have the right colors, so the game knows which haircolor they will have.

So... is there any interest to help me with this? 

(Please don't post if you don't have anything sensible to add. I'm interested in actual suggestions for the how-to, not one billion "I'd love this too" posts. I know very well that I'm not the only one who wish this could be possible...)   

--------------------

Another thing:
I've also got a small problem with textures on the infant outfits. I've started making them higher resolution (1024 instead of 512 maps, but for some reason they still show as 512 maps ingame (I build them as DXT3 in SimPE, and the texture in the file shows up correct, even after re-opening). I've used skintone changers + separate meshes to test my outfits, and they show up correct when they are skintones, so I've not noticed this until quite recently.

I have a feeling there might be something wrong in the material definition file (TXMT), but there is nothing that I (with limited knowledge of TXMT resources) notice is wrong.

Any suggestions?

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: