Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 01:26:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: change vertex weights, bones fast  (Read 3764 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ldragon

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2010, 10:57:22 am »

Hi,

how do i change all the vertix weights at once in milkshape ?
I added some shoes to a fatmesh and they all are 0% accept the ones i added.
also the bones are set to -1 accept again the ones i added they linkt to a bone.
i tried with extented manual edit to change all te 700 vertex but there must be a quicker way ?

Tnx
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 11:15:08 am »

If you're setting the same weight on several vertices, you mark all of them and go to the vertex menu, and choose the "sims 2 UniMesh bone tool" to set the weights. You can also use the colored bars/drop-down menus with bone names under 'Joints' (to the right on the screen)

To mark more than the first selection, hold in Shift and select the additional vertices by holding in the left button. To deselect a selection of vertices without losing the marking on the others, you use Shift + dragging over with the right mouse button.

And the morphs don't need bone assignments/vertex weights. Only the bodymesh itself need weighting.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
ldragon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 07:25:59 pm »

Tnx alot, that last one i had figured out, thats why everything had to change to 0
The rest i knew , far far far away in my brain, the problem of al those tutorials ... they just confuse you even more. First it was just linking al the vertex together, it work so i made like 20 diff clothes, then there ware diff bodytypes ... jah ok lets try that, then sometimes had a glits so ... bone editting , it workt again ... next ... UV mapping ? pieuw its endless, i have't played the game in over 15 months but  don't get to finisch my sims to be perfect tongue (and i have the game for ... 20 months ?  rolleyes)
still keeps me going tongue
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 07:53:39 pm »

Are you using the base tutorials at MTS (unimesh 1, 2 and 3)? They have a lot of what you need to know at first Wink

Found some other tutorials yesterday. They're about separating meshes - but they have lots of pictures and also explain body meshing in general and gives fixes to problems you might bump into. Maybe you'll find some help there. Here and here Smiley

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
ldragon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 05:53:06 pm »

Yes, i read them, thats how i learned it a little but it all starts from a basic mesh and there are so mutch more bodyshapes and shoes and all of that, so getting 2 of those meshes together is not always easy to get the vertixes right, the bone part is even harder.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 06:25:48 pm »

Unimesh 3 tells about how you can combine mesh parts, more specifically - how to add shoes. In my opinion they're the easiest things you can add to a mesh.

The principles are similar to most meshes.
I just skimmed through the tutorials before I tried my first bodymesh, and it took me some time to realize that I did it wrong when importing a bodymesh. My first tries I ended up weighting the entire mesh, instead of importing it with vertices already weighted. Felt really stupid when I figured that out... But it taught me to read the tutorial throughly before starting.

If I have to do bone assignments, I make sure I have a similar (already weighted) mesh to use as a referance. Shoes needs assigning to toes, heels and thighs. Much easier than doing the entire mesh...

My site:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: