Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 06:15:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Tis the Season for Memory  (Read 2850 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kinnika

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2010, 08:35:08 am »

I have a friend who owns Seasons. She only plays with spring, summer, and fall, and then skips winter, going back to spring. She says that you have to have an incredible amount of memory to be able to play winter, especially if it snows a lot. Is this true? I was just curious, because I really would like to get Seasons, still, and would just like to be prepared.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 08:55:16 am »

She's right. I had memory problems with my game, and I noticed that snow made it really bad.

Things like this happened all the time. That purple blob in the first pic is supposed to be a penguin...

And from there it got worse...

... and worse.

I do have lots of downloads, graphics on the highest and all EP/SPs, so that has a lot to say, too.

Someone at Sim Oasis tipped me about a memory manager (Memory Improve Master) that empties memory which is not in use (a big problem about Sims 2 is that the memory doesn't empty effectively enough, but continues to build, and eventually the game crashes). I've not had such troubles after I started using it. Not tried it much with snow yet, but I've got a heavy lot I've been working on, and nothing of the above has happened yet (despite the fact that I was ingame for 4 days straight).

Depending on your computer, Seasons can work or not. Crappy PC = not a good experience...
My laptop managed everything up to FT (sort of), including Seasons and CC. But it was slow, and I did avoid snow and weather generally.

I downloaded a buyable version of the aspiration award (?) weather controller, which I use to control the weather. I set it to spring and sunshine, unless I actually need weather. Otherwise, weather just gets in the way for storytelling...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 09:04:10 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 08:58:09 am »

Hey, thanks for the tip. I'll have to check that out.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 02:54:56 pm »

Winter is ok for one time just to see what is going on-but I reverted back to just spring, summer and fall. I have a decent computer, enough memory, etc-just it does slow down the game, and while I live in a cold climate (which has a lot of snow at times) I just can't bear to see it snow in-game. Call me fussy, but it makes me cold just to see snowflakes. Cheesy
I do hate winter, in real life. It's just not so much fun as it is in the game. Even the penguin wouldn't make me feel better! Cheesy

kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 08:41:24 am »

Yeah, it slowed down and even crashed my friends computer a few times, too.

Btw: I hate winter too ~ but because I can't stand snow. It's all good and pretty until someone has to walk or drive in the crap.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 08:54:17 am »

Just the way I see it, too. Pretty as long as it's staying idyllic and more or less untouched, and as long I can stay indoors. When I go out in it, however, I'm back to hating it... Undecided

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: