Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:57:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF: a mod or hack for raising the level of a posed sim onto the bed etc.?  (Read 3082 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
alipei

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2010, 02:45:09 pm »

I've been looking at all the wonderful images that people are posting and I'm learning a lot of stuff.  I've downloaded mods that can place objects just about anywhere.  Now I need one that can take a posed sim and set them on another surface of a different height.  I've seen the OFB one but I don't have OFB.  In a post I read somewhere (too many posts, too many sites to remember) the creatore of the image said they used "ostmp hack."  Does this ring a bell with anyone?  Thanks a bunch.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 02:58:58 pm »

OMSP (or "one more slot package") is the name Wink
Some are BG compatible, others are shiftable if you have AL.

The OFB shelf can be frustrating to work with, and I've had troubles with it myself. One of my lots was quite bugged after I saved with a sim on a shelf. The (very cute toddler) sim was gone, and I couldn't get him back. So the OFB shelf is currently used as a glass table with multiple slots in a hospital lot... and that's it.

Nowadays I only use OMSPs for posing sims and decoration. I've got the shiftable/angled AL set (there is both an AL set and BG set), and... hmm... in fact, I think I've got all those sets... The one-height OMSPs are perfect for their uses, while shiftable ones are a must when the other ones fail.
The black one in the first shiftable set is BG compatible, and will work much better than the OFB shelf. It only has one slot, in opposite to the OFB shelf, which has eight, and is annoying in the case of posing two or more sims together. It is also much safer to use. I've had no problems with disappearing sims after I came over these.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 03:09:33 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
alipei

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 04:04:03 pm »

Thanks for the info.  These are the mods I already have: JB1-OMSP-Bed, (and other heights), LdDarcy_MaxisMoreDecoSlot_Armoire-SlotOverlap, (and other heights), and OMSP-cofeetableariffrazalin, (and other heights). All of these came from MTS2.   My problem is I can't get the sim posed on the floor to snap up to the top of the position post.  I've tried to raise the video game set too and can't get that to raise either.  I have BG, NL, Uni, BV, with stuff packs: GL, H&M, Ikea and M&G.  I feel like I'm missing something or maybe what I want to do isn't possible because of ep's I don't have.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 04:26:18 pm »

Like I said, the black flat OMSP from the first shiftable set is sort of a BG version of the OFB shelf - you can use that one to pose sims. Sims go on the black OMSP, the black OMSP goes onto the other OMSP, then change both to invisible.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
alipei

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 11:22:57 am »

I don't know if these http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=317716&c=1are the shelves you are talking about but they sound like they'll do the trick.  Thanks for your help.
megativity13

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 11:47:29 am »

There are some omsp's by bakasolo made specifically for posing sims for players without
the OFB expansion
http://realizeadream.wordpress.com/2008/10/02/sim-poser-omsps-no-ofb-required/

feed the hungry while testing your vocabulary
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: