Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 06:03:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: EA Download Manager  (Read 1714 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Lady Aran

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2010, 11:15:25 pm »

Hi all! In the past few days I've been browsing the myriad of topics here and of particular interest was the discussions about SecuROM. To tell the truth, I didn't know anything about it being secretly installed in the later Sims 2 EPs. I know it now, though, and it is a little unnerving. I'm sorry if this has already been discussed (though I did do a search before I started this topic) but here's my question. I don't own any EP past Seasons (though have been thinking about getting FT) and recently about two or so months ago, I received Seasons and Best of Business Collection (because I didn't have OFB prior to that) for my birthday. I installed Seasons first, then Business Collection, but use the Business Collection disc because the Seasons disk makes the main startup screen freeze for some reason. At any rate, when I was installing the latter, I also had to download something called EA Downloads Manager. Is this that SecuROM thing or is it something different? Even though I don't use the internet while I play, I'm still a little concerned. Could someone tell me what it is? Thanks Smiley
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 05:48:23 am »

The EADM has SecuROM installed as part of the verification system. You cannot separate the two from one another.
Did you download the Business Collection? If so, that is why you had to install the EADM, as that is the way they verify the purchase of your game, and your ownership.

If you aren't logged into the Internet while you play, you will be fine. It is only when you're "live" with the program running that it connects to EA.

Lady Aran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 05:35:15 pm »

Ok. Thank you for answering my question. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: