Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 12:47:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: jumping sims  (Read 6639 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
liverbird

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2010, 07:28:51 am »

I played my sim last week & I could click on the closet to change clothes, but now my sims just jump I have not put any new mods etc in my downloads since I last played I have also removed all the cache files but still same problem.. Can some one help....

Signature images may not be larger than 250 x 50. Keep them restricted to this size or smaller.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 07:37:57 am »

Jump bugs can suddenly decide to happen, even if things were working perfect before.

* Does it happen without any hacks/CC in? (remove the contents of the DL folder, test on CC free lot)
If yes, then
- hacks may not be updated for your newest EP
- You may have conflicting hacks

* Does it happen with both maxis dressers and downloaded dressers?
If yes, then 
- the CC dresser might not be updated for your EPs
- a hack might conflict with downloaded dressers

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
liverbird

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 11:49:40 am »

Still happens when DlL folder is removed I haven't got any custum wardrobes... I used the simwardrobe mod checker & it says no conflicts.......

Signature images may not be larger than 250 x 50. Keep them restricted to this size or smaller.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 11:58:26 am »

Is there anything in your SavedSims folder?

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
liverbird

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 01:15:11 pm »

Yeah could it be one of them..  Aren't they your sims though that are in your houses

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 01:19:17 pm »

Anything you have made in Bodyshop, and anything you might have put there, too.

Sims you've put on a lot or made in CAS are in the Neighborhood folder.

The SavedSims folder is in the same base folder as your Downloads folder.

My site:

liverbird

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 03:39:03 pm »

aload of files are in my saved sims folder but I haven't made any sims via bodyshop etc...  So its safe to remove these files then without losing my families..

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 03:56:37 pm »

Depends on which files these are. If you're using the Clean Installer, or even the default installer, the settings could be so that new sims (with CC) installs in this folder.

You could try to move out those files, and test the dressers. If you delete them, you might lose downloaded sims, or other things that have sneaked inside that folder.

I have set my Downloads folder to default for the Clean Installer, and put all the installed files into folders (for each sim) after they're installed. Keeps at least a sense of tidyness... Undecided
I'm actually halfway through sorting my own SavedSims folder. It's full of projects I've done, and nearly everything had bad names... But now the sorted files have a "savedsims" folder inside the Downloads folder (so I know which ones are my own files), and everything is sorted and properly named.

My site:

liverbird

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 12:17:20 pm »

Ok thanks I'll give that a try

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: