Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 02:05:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WCIF hair mod  (Read 2432 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
pocketypockz

When one door closes, make sure it doesn't bang.

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2010, 06:17:24 am »

Does anybody know where I can find a mod that allows me to use hairstyles that's in one category (outfit) but not in another, for all outfits?

For example, there is a FreeTime hairstyle that I can use for everyday, but not for PJ's and I would like to use it for PJ's as well.

Thanks in advance!
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 06:56:10 am »

You can do that in CAS.

I've done it many times. I don't know what EP it comes with. But, when you go to create a sim, the choice comes up to pick what hairstyle you want with each outfit.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 07:13:46 am »

Seasons, I think.

But you still can't do it in CAS. Several hairs with hats (especially maxis) are set up so that they have a different mesh that takes over for PJs, swim, undies, and often formal too. The hairs have to be edited one by one, since there is no mod that can do this for all the hairs (unless someone has done a replacement mod for the maxis hairs, of course. I'd love to have one). Custom hairs would need editing one recolor at a time.

I've done this myself with some recolors I did of the Uni male bandana hair, deleting the only hair mesh references and linking PJs, swim and undies to the bandana mesh. It was a lot of SimPE work, but it did work the way I wanted it to. I think there might be a tutorial over at MTS2.

Not sure if the wardrobe wrangler can do the same, as I've not tried to myself, but it might be worth a try.  
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 07:19:42 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 08:19:00 am »

Another thing I just thought of, what about if you go to the mirror and click on the option, Change Apperance?

When I was in CAS, for everyday wear, I chose a hat. It was a Custom mesh with hair. And, for the rest, I chose the hair I normally choose for him.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 10:40:12 am »

Some hairs with hats are only enabled for everyday/active/formal/outerwear, and won't show up with a hat in the other cathegories no matter what you do in CAS, like the maxis hats. They will show up as some other default hair in PJs and the other cathegories.
This isn't such a big problem with custom hairs, since they usually include hats in all cathegories.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
pocketypockz

When one door closes, make sure it doesn't bang.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 03:27:39 pm »

OK, I've managed to edit individual hair packages to show up in any outfit using this tutorial:

http://forums.modthesims.info/printthread.php?t=281025&pp=100

It takes long, but works.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: