Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:42:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Christianluv's Skintone Changer Useable By Infants  (Read 43155 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
polkadots

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2010, 09:32:27 am »

I got Christianluv's skintone changer to be selectable by infants.  It works a lot like the outfit changers only you can add as many skins as you want.  In order to use this you must have at lease one EP.  If you want to add skins to this you should download the cpackeditor from here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=284572&c=1&ht=0&page=4&pp=25
I made 6 different "skintones", each with 3 outfits and a nude, since the skintones don't come off when you bathe/change the baby diaper.  The hair is Blooms baby hair, all i did was paste it onto the skins.  The outfits are made by Theraven, again just pasted onto the skins.  The base skintones are made by teru_k foud here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=261288.

The pie menus are organized by skintone and hair color, and then split further by the outfits.  The baby has to be selectable to change the outfit.

I recommend using this with snowstorms transparent diaper found here: http://www.eclectic-sims.com/
You can also use a diaper override mesh with this.  I'm using the pj mesh found at eclectic sims.

**It can be found under misc/misc**

And the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?b1p9g8o2bg79799
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 08:55:20 pm by polkadots » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 10:19:40 am »

This is a GREAT download - and you've even used my favourite skintones (I use those as default replacements) YAY

I soooo need to learn how to make the skintone changers, and it would bee great to use more than one. I've been limited to 13 outfits up until now (with the other skintone changers)...

Oh, and I'd recommend to use a separate transparent texture, plus a mesh. Gives much more freedom. I've got plenty of meshes and recolors at my site, including girl meshes - so you can use three meshes together (that includes the "nude" mesh, which shows if you change the baby's outfit to "naked", using the insim wardrobe adjuster). I'll see if I can dig up the transparent textures (one unisex, one girl), and swipe up the meshes into one download.

One thing - they will keep the skin if you grow them up, right? With the other skintones, only the baby skintone was included, so they would look weird if they grew up and still had a skintone from the changer.  
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 10:34:57 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
polkadots

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 10:28:28 am »

Thanks!  Grin
I absolutely love all your infant outfits, by the way. Smiley

How would I make a transparent texture?  I just started working with infant outfits so I'm not really sure what to do...
That'd be great if you could do that.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 10:46:52 am »

Thanks Cheesy

For transparent textures:
* You extract the texture from any outfit, open it in a programme that can work with transparent textures/PNG files (Photoshop/Gimp, etc.)
* Once opened, mark everything (ctrl+A), and delete. If you use PS, make sure it now shows as a checker map without any other texture, since this indicates transparency).
* Save as PNG (preferrably 24-bit, ctrl+alt+shift+C in PS).
* Import (or build as DXT3) the blank texture in SimPE, on either a unisex texture or a girl texture (to be found at my site, or you can use the ones by Tenshii).
* Click "commit" and "OK".
* "Save as..." with a new filename. (They're overrides, so don't fix integrity or anything like that).

To use a girl mesh also, you'll need transparent textures both for the unisex and the girl outfits.

The transparent texture can then be used together with any separate mesh (I've extracted all of Bloom's outfit/dress/onesie meshes as both unisex and girl meshes, and Tenshii's blanket meshes as girl meshes at my site, so they're separate from the textures)

I also figured out that using the skintone changers with an infant body texture at 1024x1024 gives much better textures on the outfits, which is why my more recent outfits are at 1024. For some reason it doesn't work that way with the regular overrides (they go blurry, and use 512 textures no matter what I do), which is why I mostly use the skintone changers, since I love the clarity of the textures Grin
I always use a skintone changer for testing, since it's less in-and-out of the game. Maybe it will go even faster to test outfits now.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 11:14:30 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 11:05:46 am »

Oh my giddyGod. I love this. <3

And as theraven said; I use these skins as defaults too!  YAY I'm uber happy at the moment.

Find me on moonlight <3
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 11:17:22 am »

Maybe I should start to include the PNG files with my outfits, so people can make their own skintones for the changer? It's easy enough to extract the textures if you have SimPE, though...

My site:

polkadots

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 08:59:30 pm »

One thing - they will keep the skin if you grow them up, right? With the other skintones, only the baby skintone was included, so they would look weird if they grew up and still had a skintone from the changer.  

Correct.  They keep whatever ski you put them in, so you don't have to change them before they age.
It works exactly like the origional skintone changer.  All I did was enable it for infants. 
noodleelf
The Noodle Meister
Site Santa!

It's cool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 04:15:07 pm »

The link for the cpackeditor is no longer working. Also I can't find the original mod of this either. If anyone knows where to find them please let me know!

{insert interesting signature here}
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 01:14:56 pm »

Both links to the original mod and to CPackEditor are working. The CPackEditor program is found under the Download tab.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
tuesdayjune28

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 12:44:39 am »

Thanks, this is fantastic!  Would anyone be willing to provide some instructions as to how to add our own outfits?  I'd love to have even more outfit choices but am not very mod-savvy. 
LusySims

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 06:23:11 am »

hello Smiley you can see in the picture that is controlled infant ... how I do it?? Babies can't be controlled!!!  Sad
Imnus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 10:11:38 pm »

Hi, does anyone know where I can find the CPackEditor. It's not longer here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=284572&c=1&ht=0&page=4&pp=25

Thanks.
iluvcheerleading

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 05:01:22 pm »

how do i download stuff on here?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 09:19:19 pm »

Click the download link at the bottom of the first post. Right beside where it says "And the download link"

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Jennifer32

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 02:02:38 am »

can't download BROKEN LINK  Cry please fix
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: