Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 07:46:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: So I'm considering getting more EP's  (Read 12074 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 04:49:52 am »

I got my copy from Best Buy. At the time, that was only only game I had installed aside from Diablo I and II. And, I think the original Sims.

But, you can read about it, here

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Ifrito

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 08:36:10 am »

Huh...well from what I am viewing it doesn't particularly seem to apply to anything except the collectors edition and or patch 1.11.

I merely bought the game itself, no special packs. Hm..

Well, its just brilliant how they constantly use Securom to 'protect their product" and just mess up everything in the process isn't it?

I got the Repo man back, it was a sly move. Acting like I was his friend, and then...BAM!, into the burning kitchen with him he went!. They never found his remains....*Evil Laughter*
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 04:08:37 pm »

When you talk about "protecting the product" you're actually talking about the "profit"-in EA's glossary, the two are the same.
They think they're protecting the profits by doing the product. What they do not understand is that most players are not going to rip a copy of the game and put it up for grabs on BitTorrents-it's too old to move.
They're just pissing people off by using SecuROM and destroying machines while they're at it. It doesn't matter to them. They already have their money.

Ifrito

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 10:52:40 pm »

I guess I am, in an weird "I am incapable of speaking and thinking like a greedy corporation so their behaviour often confounds me" way.

I got the Repo man back, it was a sly move. Acting like I was his friend, and then...BAM!, into the burning kitchen with him he went!. They never found his remains....*Evil Laughter*
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2010, 11:55:44 pm »

Well SecuRom doesn't destroy computers but anyway with The Sims 3 they remove it.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 12:08:57 am »

Squinge, you know that in my case that is not a true statement. It totally neutered Magnafloof and caused me to have to reformat to get rid of all of the damn problems. You were one of the fortunate ones that escaped the problems, you lucky duck. (DUCK, not DORK.)

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 12:28:01 am »

Wow that is strange I believe you but.... Cheesy

If you have a question about my mods post it here
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2010, 06:12:47 am »

I respectfully disagree with you, Squinge. There have been many reports of computers just croaking with SecuROM, and having to be totally replaced-harddrives, optical scanners, the lot. Not just one, but many-it's the main reason it's so hated in some forums-hint, look at my sig, and you'll find out why I say this.

Sims 3 does not have SecuROM in the game, it is true. But the EADM does.
EA did not lie when they said they removed it from the game-they just didn't remove all of it.

Paden knows of whence she speaks.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 06:17:50 am by MaryH » Logged

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2010, 06:45:04 am »

I honestly think it is a bit weird that SecuROM mess up some computers but not others.
I've installed sims games that are supposed to secretly install it on two different computers, with entirely different specs and hardware. Never had any problems (that I know I could blame on it, anyway).

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Ifrito

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 07:39:54 am »

Yeah, it is strange how Securom acts isn't it?. EA claims it's for protecting their product, to fight piracy. Yet its a malicious and destructive piece of software that acts like a combination Malware and rootkit. And has the potentiol to ruin personal property.

Not the property of those who do wrong at that, but the property of those who are legit customers just because they COULD be pirates.

I often wonder what its going to take to finally get those morons to wise up before they manage to sink their company under.

And yeah, like I said, a little case of Securom from Crysis on this computer messed it up. Not horrificly, but any amount is too much for me. And this is a legit PC. Hell, I even BOUGHT Crysis.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: