Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:58:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Doors & Window Recolors  (Read 5553 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
michelle

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2010, 08:53:20 am »

Hi, this is probably too simple a request for creators, but i'm really hoping someone will be kind enough to do it for me.

I've made a block of povo houses that feature the ValueWood door and archway, the Breeze-easy windows and the Wachowt door. I'm hoping someone would make just one matching recolor for these items in a grungy grey or cream tone.

Anyways, i hope everyone's having fun with thier simmies!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 10:31:41 am by michelle » Logged
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 08:59:00 am »

If they're maxis, you might find recolors at piggis-sims. Plenty of different maxis recolors there.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 10:02:19 am »

I recommend TabbyLou at TSR: http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/TabbyLou/ There's a pale wood on the Mission Match sets and white as a separate set.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 10:15:22 am »

You know, if she's requesting it here, she might not want to wade into the cesspool that is TSR...

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 10:22:53 am »

That's why I gave her a fairly specific link, so she can just grab and leave.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 10:27:51 am »

Thing is, we don't like to link to them at all if it can be avoided because that is providing advertising for an unethical site. If they are pay items, you are also required to post a Booty link as an alternative.

michelle

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 10:28:40 am »

I did find piggis-sims today - great recolors btw if anyone else is looking for maxis recolor stuff, she has a huge collection - and started to download some stuff, but i would have to download all the large sets to get the single four recolors and i'm trying to keep my dl folder as slim as possible as my computer's kind of fed up with expansion packs and big download folders. So i thought i would ask here. But thankyou for the suggies!
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 10:35:25 am »

The files are named after the sets, but you could go through the files with the clean installer and sort out the recolors you don't want. Some sets are also named with colors.

The tabbylou stuff at TSR seems to be free, but you can't download unless you log in...  Undecided
TSR even switched off the search function unless you're logged in, which is really annoying. I find myself using that site less and less. Haven't looked for updates for several months now.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 11:14:07 am »

Just my belief, theraven, but that site isn't worth the time it would take to find anything. And Michelle, just give me some time to dig out my textures and I'll see what I can bang out for you today, m'kay?

ETA: I'm on my way ingame to test and take shots to see how they turned out, I do hope you'll like them.

ETA 2: Done and up, find them here.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 12:41:13 pm by Paden » Logged

michelle

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 09:05:15 am »

Just logged on - Thankyou so much! I really appreciate it - my downloads folder is hugging you as we speak lol.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 11:53:39 am »

I'm glad that you like them. If you need more, lemme know, I'll be happy to help.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: