Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:55:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mod for Orphanage  (Read 21199 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« on: September 13, 2010, 08:56:18 am »

Well all I'm really looking for is the ability to sell children.  I don't mean this in a horrible way, or inhumane lol.  I like adopting children from the regular phone method, but after raising them I want to be able to offer them to other families, like you can do with your pets.  Free is fine, but we all know adoption has a price in reality, so realistically a mod that forced a minimum payment would be preferable.  I have looked for this without any luck.  I have all ep's and sp's as the sticky tells me to include.  Any other questions about the 'exacts' I'm looking for just ask me.  I just want to run an orphanage, as closely as I can to the real thing. Here's hoping.

kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 11:50:34 am »

This may be the completely long way around this, but you can do this until someone creates an actual mod for you.

You can just grab people and children from the "Townie" or "Downtownie" pool (Summoner tool). You can change their age to "Child" (Aging tool) ~ this way you won't have to deal with any family connection between the children and adults on the lot (hence, summoning them). If you want them to stay at the orphanage during school hours, you can have them home-schooled and add a cafeteria so they don't leave. You can even go dorm-style if that's the easiest. As far as other families adopting, you can summon the child to their house and then add them to the household (Family Tree tool). You can manipulate budget systems using a budget tool or a checkbook to "buy" a child or add or subtract funds to the orphanage. Other options are to add an office and a cash register to your orphanage just for props if you'd like.

Where to find:

Summoner, Aging, Budget, Family Tree tools ~ Insimenator & SimBlender (SimBlender should have these, too)
Checkbook ~ Paladins Place. Click on the green link for Sims 2 Objects. The checkbook will be under the "Other Objects" category.
Home / Private School: Check over at SimLogical (http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforum/index.php). This will give you the ability to school the kids at the orphanage and to set up institutional items (buffet for cafeteria's, access doors, etc).
You may have to register ~ but it's free and Inge's downloads are worth the signing up!
If you'd like you can also download the Prison Collection at SimLogical as well. It will give you all sorts of cool hacks, such as assembly points and tokens that can help track the kids at the orphanage. If you couldn't get to them through the link I gave you: Register / sign in, then go to the Sims 2 Downloads forums ~ in there you will find a link to get to the downloads.

You may just be able to download all the tools you need over at Inge's site, I believe, and get the same results ~ if you didn't want to download the Insimenator or the SimBlender.

Like I said before, this is the looooong way and probably more complicated way of doing things... but if you're like me and can be impatient for the wait of a mod being made ~ this is an option to start up one and work with it until a better way of doing things is invented. Further ~ you may be able to come up with other creative ways until that time, too.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 12:04:20 pm by kinnika » Logged

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 12:00:22 pm »

Simlogical download page (under institutions or learning), no need to register Wink

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 12:03:00 pm »

Yeah, yeah... I guess I could have just done that, lol. Thanks, raven.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 12:04:47 pm »

There is no need to register to get the downloads over there. The forum is mostly for reporting troubles with the mods, suggesting changes, probably requestiong too - and those kind of things.

My site:

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 12:19:15 pm »

Wow, I thought it was. Good to know.

Also, HappyThoughts ~ check into Mod the Sims 2 http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=250640 for getting more than 8 Sims living on the same lot. I know there's one at More Awesome Than You, but I'm afraid I can't find it.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 12:23:36 pm »

There is also an "8 sim on the lot" hack here.

My site:

HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 02:01:03 pm »

All very helpful, wasn't sure how far I could take the adoption agency until I started playing.  It was alot more interesting, something new to do usually is.  I will be checking out alot of those idea's though.  I have a unlimited household file in my downloads already, although this is the first lot I'll need it for.  And until a mod can/ or cannot be done I'll do my best with your suggestions.  Thank you so much for answerring so quickly Raven and kinnika.

kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 03:39:36 pm »

You know, you probably have already found it by now, but here is a direct link to Inge's tutorial on how to set up an orphanage:

http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_School.htm

It's the second link in blue

HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 03:04:08 pm »

Well I do hope someone will find this request interesting enough to persue.  Wish I'd asked for this 2yrs ago when making mods was in it's hay day.  I'm almost half tempted to try and figure it out. 

The way I set up my orphanage is pretty simple.  I adopted them through the phone (one at a time)  which gives me the different last names without having to add cheats or mods.  So far I have 2 toddlers-females, and 2 male children, another arriving tomorrow.  I prefer to be suprised on the gender I get and the 'look' of the child. I have 2 elders, The Warbuks, brother and sister, running the establishment.  Two nannies, a cafeteria stove which keeps the cook there, and a butler. 
  Now I know I can use simblender, or insim to place these children into households, but it's just not the same.  Also I don't mind if I sell them to NPC's or Townies and never see them again, they're actually my target demographic lol.  It's the continueing cycle of raising them and giving them away to a new family that I'm interested in.  But raising children isn't free so compensation and the option to offer them to guests or friends on my residential lot is what I'm looking for.  Orphanage's are a business no matter how good the treatment , business is money and without it, well your just an old people with a house full of kids nobody wants lol.

cutiesimsthree

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 09:17:01 pm »

There is a real birth download that I used when I was running the Teen Crisis Center and Adoption Agency. (I have 2 Installed 1 from here 1 from somewhere else) 1 of them gives you the option to have a "fake" baby which you can then place for sell like a baby doll Cheesy I loved this becuase I was most intrested in adopting out the newborns, (the fake babies were great for storytelling for the nursery have 1 real baby so the familys that you invite can "interact" with the baby of their choice.) And then sell the "fake " baby <3 Does that make sense?

HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 06:53:42 am »

Thanks for the tip cutiesimsthree, I still have my orphanage running with the same children.  You mention 2 birthing mods, but you didn't mention which one had the fake option.  I have the one from an adult site affiliate of simsvalley, and the one here but have yet to install either into my game.
Lol, guess I can just get off my rear and find out myself. 

I can see how a mod like what I'm looking for can put creators off completely, but if it's hosted on a family site the point of it should be established upfront.  I wish I'd stuck my nose in these tutorials 3yrs ago. Grr.

XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 07:57:12 am »

I made a modification in Inge Jones' teleporter cat where I included the possibility to "sell" children when you place them for adoption and made a lot of modifications that allows me to adopt kids by changing or not their family names. Inge's teleporters have an "issue" (Huh?) that I considered more to "advantage" - teleporting kids to the orphan family or even teleporting sims to townie families, do not change their status or completely remove them from the original family they belong to. This means that my own "Aging" mod (the diver) cannot age townies teleported by Inge's the regular way 'cause the mod considers that the sim still belongs to the current family. There's something that happens when you move a sim thru the paper or computer: the sim enters in the taxi and is automatically hidden (this means that the sim is still in the lot, but hidden). When you exit the lot and enter the lot again, there's a global that remove all sims that are in the lot and don't belong to the family, but have another status other than visitor. If they were removed thru Inge's teleporter, they are no longer in the lot (I'm still wondering in a way to include the "hidden" possibility to allow the global to take effect).
There's a lot of mods to orphan a kid, but require too many extra mods from different modders. To combine different modders is something somehow risky. Every modder develops a style that becomes a sort of signature, you can even identify who modded by the way they mod. Sometimes you even see that the person who claims the modding in fact didn't, so it is much better to place all mods in a temporary folder and test them extensively before you consider to join different works. It is very difficult to identify the cause for a faillure when the type of modification done doesn't exactly use the same bhav (this is something that not even the Hack Conflict Detector can detect). So I would recommend that so far it is possible, prefer to use Object mods, that is, Objects that modify behaviours (because they privatize globals, when needed), not mods that modify Bhavs (they can contain or be part of globals).
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 04:03:02 pm »

XPTL297 :  That was very helpful information, and I appreciate your taking the time to explain it so well. 

I have 6 children via adoption thru the phone without a mod assist.  I added simslice cloning mirror, thinking this will be alot faster than only recieving one child per day.  I began wonderring if they would start denying me more children due to the fact that we now have 2pets and the matron of the house moved in her fiance.  So that's 6 kids, 2pets, 3elderly, and what was once 1 servos is now only (all service sims are hired, butler,maid,gardner).  I use ahlotfullofsims mod so everything seems to be working smoothly. 
  Well to my point, I used the cloning mirror to make a copy of my toddler annika.  And poof there she is, without a leftside tag that shows she's selectable and without a plumbob when she's selected.  The lot still runs fine, everyone's aging correctly but the mirror was obviously not the way to go.  I didnt have the heart to delete the clone and didn't want to risk borking anything even if i could. 

who could delete a face like that?  If you look real careful you can almost see seymor playin with his car in his robe lol.  He likes to wear a cowboy hat, wish I had a pic of him. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: